another outing in the dales

well today saw myself and Nigel up on one of nigels first farms in the the dales and one of the best, its full of small fields, stone walls, littered with rabbits, it also has a field full of reeds wich allows the dog to use their noses and push up the sitters. there are also some seriously steep hills to test the dogs. its truley is a great place.

anyway heres a quick snap of the days events.

Nigel took suzie and i took Tod these dogs have been a little rusty so today was a treat to see bothe dogs working well and catching the rabbits.

we had a few good runs the first in the bag was for suzies, a quick down hill run and a few really sharp turns and near missis and suzies nailed it and brought it straight back.

DSC_9073.jpg

DSC_9074.jpg

DSC_9110.jpg

DSC_9076.jpg

DSC_9088.jpg

the next was by Tod, suzie marked it a holes and as she poped her head down the rabbit bolted from the hole behined followed closley by Tod, and a quick run on to the other side of the wall a few turns and it was in the bag with a great strike by Tod. suzie came in and Tod allowed her to retrieve lol. unforchantly i was not quick enough to get the strike.

DSC_9078.jpg

DSC_9079.jpg

DSC_9080.jpg

DSC_9081.jpg

DSC_9082.jpg

DSC_9083.jpg

DSC_9084.jpg

DSC_9087.jpg

DSC_9085.jpg

there was a few more catch with out the camera as i wanted to also enjoy the runs and you do loose abit of the thrill through the lense.

DSC_9086.jpg

DSC_9107.jpg

a lucky rabbit

DSC_9097.jpg

DSC_9098.jpg

DSC_9099.jpg

DSC_9100.jpg

DSC_9101.jpg

the next i had the camera out for was a rapid bolter i had teh camera out and put the ferret down and instanly got a bolter hens the poor pics with no zoome. the was a corker of a run and swiflty picked up by tod with great strike. unfrochantly he was bit far a away buthe has just connected in the last pick.

DSC_9111.jpg

DSC_9112.jpg

DSC_9113.jpg

DSC_9114.jpg

DSC_9115.jpg

DSC_9116.jpg

one thing is for certain when suzie marked it was a dead cert the was one home, and today she was never wrong.

DSC_9104.jpg

the last set both dog had took a slight nock on a stone wallwe put on 2 nets and netted one lol.

DSC_9102.jpg

all in all was a great day and we finished with about a dozen again. for some reason we missed the EOD shot so you will have to make do with a nice pic of Tod.

DSC_9109.jpg

thanks agin was a great day.

Tom

• Like 1

Guest LancsUK

Very kind of ya yo share your photo's Tom pal. My mate went up the Dales yesterday - Stainforth way and was granted permission on a couple of very big farm's so chuffed to bits with that. Can't beat the Dales it's lovely countryside and full of huge bunnies! anyway, atb bud.