Here we go again...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok going to be contraversial here...........I'm NEVER one to support the ham shanks but lets put this in to context here. You've got a group of guys trying the damnest to save a lass who arguably shou

No wonder people are so quick to disbelieve the official line whenever there's a hint of a conspiracy in the US...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11514210

Maybe it would have been better to send the SAS in after one of our own.. . :yes:

at least the job would have been carried out professionally :yes:

typical , feckin yanks

She actually lived a couple of miles away from me on the Isle of Lewis in Mangersta, Uig when she wasn't abroad. Her family still stay here and as far as I'm aware she is the first casualty from the Western Isles in the Afghan conflict that I know of and l hope the last...

cheers Callum

No wonder people are so quick to disbelieve the official line whenever there's a hint of a conspiracy in the US...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11514210

Maybe it would have been better to send the SAS in after one of our own.. . :yes:

Maybe,maybe not....

http://www.eliteukforces.info/special-air-service/sas-operations/basra-raid/

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-11514210

Maybe,maybe not....

http://www.eliteukfo...ons/basra-raid/

Aaron, please don't think that I was having a go at you guys over there. :no: Your lads put their lives at risk to try to rescue that woman, it's more the way the story was handled by the American news agencies that got to me.. :thumbs:

a complete balls up ... using hand grenades in a closed environment for hostage rescue is a NO NO ... flash bangs or stun grenades should have been used ... non lethal but every bit as effective ... gung ho yanks balls up yet another mission .......

a complete balls up ... using hand grenades in a closed environment for hostage rescue is a NO NO ... flash bangs or stun grenades should have been used ... non lethal but every bit as effective ... gung ho yanks balls up yet another mission .......

why chris ryan in your avatar Edited by gonetoearth

Ok going to be contraversial here...........I'm NEVER one to support the ham shanks but lets put this in to context here. You've got a group of guys trying the damnest to save a lass who arguably shouldn't have been there.....Its a fire fight your adrenalin is busting veins and you have got no idea waht you're up against.

Mistakes will happen in a fluid environment like that. They are surprisingly very few and far between. They didn't do it deliberatley and they will have to live with it for the rest of their lives. The bottom line is that a small minority of ejit fanaticals put that poor woman in that position and the more we knock the allied forces the greater their PR So lets give sympathy where it belongs. To the poor womans family and the soldiers (yank or otherwise) who risked their lives TRYING to save her from a more horrendous death!

rant over nings

Swampy

• Like 1

Ok going to be contraversial here...........I'm NEVER one to support the ham shanks but lets put this in to context here. You've got a group of guys trying the damnest to save a lass who arguably shouldn't have been there.....Its a fire fight your adrenalin is busting veins and you have got no idea waht you're up against.

Mistakes will happen in a fluid environment like that. They are surprisingly very few and far between. They didn't do it deliberatley and they will have to live with it for the rest of their lives. The bottom line is that a small minority of ejit fanaticals put that poor woman in that position and the more we knock the allied forces the greater their PR So lets give sympathy where it belongs. To the poor womans family and the soldiers (yank or otherwise) who risked their lives TRYING to save her from a more horrendous death!

rant over nings

Swampy

:thumbs: Very well said, Swampy.

My mistake......Didn't realise there were so many experts on tactical warfare on here.

You've obviously got inside information on the whole exercise or perhaps you were there yourself?

You must be worried about leaking information like that!

No matter waht your political stance on Afghanistan is do you honestly think that its OK to trivialise something as personal as someones death?

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing ning

Swampy

My mistake......Didn't realise there were so many experts on tactical warfare on here.

You've obviously got inside information on the whole exercise or perhaps you were there yourself?

You must be worried about leaking information like that!

No matter waht your political stance on Afghanistan is do you honestly think that its OK to trivialise something as personal as someones death?

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing ning

Swampy

ive a little knowledge swampy,after 10 yrs in the british forces the last thing i would want is the fooking gung ho americans to come looking for me.do you have more than 10 yrs experience in the forces,or more than likely as well as others you know nothing and write shite.