LAMPING THE DALES

had a look out last night, done little bits here and there local, but this is the first up the dales.

just took Venus the pup, met up with asd and hare hunter, they had there pup Don both these pups have the same sire, but difrent dams. i didnt think it was going to be much weather wise but was suprised to find a good breeze .

first field first slip and venus put it in the bag even though the retrive was far from perfect circuling round me . after this she settled to bring the bunyys in ,in text book style.

DON was running well , adding them to the bag with nicly, but feck me is this dog kean non of this collie thinking about things. in fact he doesnt no what thinking is laughbounce2.gif fallen trees stone walls , should have re-named him JCB. cos he smashes in to them.

we we plodded on , picking bunnys up all the time, until the conections on my lamp fecked, so it was just hare hunter lamping . as we neared the 37-38 mark the lamp started fading, but the dogs made there 20 each with don catching 1 more. total was 41,,, 20 to venus and 21 to don. a great night and some good lafs TOMO

DSCF2145.jpg

• Like 2

Cheers for the invite Tomo it's much appreciated :thumbs: ,we enjoyed the craic along with the laughs just as much as watching the dogs run :whistling: ,it was nice to see the two young un's going through their paces,Venus very quick and precise with her cobra like strike and Don with being over 1/2 Collie not as quick but his desire to catch even in dense undergrowth,broken walls,fallen trees etc still making it enjoyable to watch. :yes: Bigger and better nights certainly lay ahead for these two but you've got to start somewhere lol.Our dog Don needs to up his striking ability but i'm sure it'll improve as he get's amongst the rabbits on a regular basis? He is 18 month old but was born in late March 09 and he seen nothing until this season as i don't like starting my dogs until they are over 12 months old and at the time he was 12 months the season was over so we've just started him away this past month or so ;) .Anyway,thanks again Tomo,we are already looking forward to round two :ninja: .

had a look out last night, done little bits here and there local, but this is the first up the dales.

just took Venus the pup, met up with asd and hare hunter, they had there pup Don both these pups have the same sire, but difrent dams. i didnt think it was going to be much weather wise but was suprised to find a good breeze .

first field first slip and venus put it in the bag even though the retrive was far from perfect circuling round me . after this she settled to bring the bunyys in ,in text book style.

DON was running well , adding them to the bag with nicly, but feck me is this dog kean non of this collie thinking about things. in fact he doesnt no what thinking is laughbounce2.gif fallen trees stone walls , should have re-named him JCB. cos he smashes in to them.

we we plodded on , picking bunnys up all the time, until the conections on my lamp fecked, so it was just hare hunter lamping . as we neared the 37-38 mark the lamp started fading, but the dogs made there 20 each with don catching 1 more. total was 41,,, 20 to venus and 21 to don. a great night and some good lafs TOMO

belting lads'' always good to see young dogs shine through'' glad to see theres still places with plenty ov coney' still on... well done..ATB..B

DSCF2145.jpg