out this morning

I was going to wait a little longer to get back out with the ferrets. The last time out there was still small babies. This little nut got me to bring him out for a couple of hours with his ferret. We got 2 young and missed the adult. The first rabbit hit the net, as it closed the adult rabbit came right behind. I had to dig down for the second rabbit we caught.It was very hot aswell so we didnt stay out too long.

S7303536.jpg

S7303534.jpg

S7303533.jpg

S7303535.jpg

Last but not least, the little lad with his first ferret. He has him 3 years now.

How wonderfull :thumbs: . Properly dressed aint He bless!! does he manage to keep quiet? its great to see Father and Son out Hunting :notworthy:

I think he was missing a bit of company his own age. The majority of the time he was grand. He was using the locator,watching nets and entering the ferrets. Grand fella.

you need to teach him how to hold a ferret

I can see it might not look to good but thanks to this fellas rough handling you could pick the ferret up by the ear or the leg and it wouldnt bother it. The young lad is nuts he is very rough.He is great at training the pups and terriers. He pulls out of them from all parts. Gets the dogs used to being grabbed, after this fella is finished the dogs are used to being pulled out from any body part. Handy if your in a tight spot in a ditch or hole and alls you can grab is a leg or a tail. Ferret wont bite you or the dogs.

I think your lad has grown a couple of inchs since last season Raymond :D

He certainly has. He started primary school last month. The fella is nuts. Theres no fear in him at all. He will nearly grab anything. He loves the animals and the fields. He cried last year when some of his fields where getting built on. He hated builders for a while. Yes there all his fields. My other kids get out aswell, but at 10,12,14 and 17 there are other distractions. I will still get them all out a good few times over the season weather they like it or not. Its something they can always come back to or get mad into in the futher. I think this fella might stick it out more than the others. The 2 of us are having deep fried grazers for our tea tonight.Love those young bunnies they taste lovely.

brilliant stuff raymound mate :thumbs: my young lad was the same hes coming 15 now and still at it, hes called ferret kid on here mate, its great getting them into ferreting i dont think it ever leaves you..post-7569-020698800 1286220038_thumb.jpg :thumbs: :thumbs:

Fair play to you, its great to see. Keep up the good work.

Good to see the young lad out and getting stuck in! But like has been said, teach him to handle the ferrets properly, whilst it might be good training for them in many senses, it's probably causing unnecessary discomfort. Respect for your workers is a good lesson to learn :thumbs: