The perfect caliber for fox

What caliber do you think is perffect for fox and other vermin game?

A greeting

....that like asking how long is a piece of string:whistling: . More helpful to add some info like 'I am going to reload and want to keep costs down' or I only want to shoot foxes out to 200 yards etc

What caliber do you think is perffect for fox and other vermin game?

A greeting

....that like asking how long is a piece of string:whistling: . More helpful to add some info like 'I am going to reload and want to keep costs down' or I only want to shoot foxes out to 200 yards etc

to true this could be a very long discussion.

Hi, pretty open queation there, But i believe the best calibre you canhave is one you can confidently place the kill shot with at a range you are capable off,

example, why buy a 6.5, 243, 22-250, if you cannot consistantly place a shot with these calibres at a distance they can accurately shoot at...

start small .22lr keep the ranges sensible, and progress from there, if you are seasoned in the 22lr look for a 222, 223, 22-250 and practice to a range you intend to shoot at until you can call the shot.... then go on the hunt for foxy.... i spend more time paper punching than shooting foxes, especially in the summer

pays of chap...

Snap.