SHEEP WORRYING

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, what have we learned ???. My first post questioned why you even brought this to the table if (and I think you had) already decided on a course of action. If the dog was an out and out sheep worri

Okay, think Shit Stirer fits the bill better..

You can't keep a dog that kills or worries sheep and expect to work it, it just cant happen. Anyone who has a retired worker knows how hard it is for the dog to see you and another dog going to work a

Posted Images

cant understand the post, its as tho your checking what people think,if i was your land owner reading this id be very concerned,all should of been dealt with quitely jamiew,

i agree think somethings just need to be dealt woth discreatly , no gret need to bring it to everyones attension ...thing happen !!! ;)

Went out for my usuall walk on the hill this morning with just the 3 lurchers,walked for around half an hour and the lurchers take a line about 400 yds away from me..there i see reynard going flat out over the stones and making his way to a huge rush bed with my 3 behind him,when i get over to them they loose him briefly and take up the line to a rock pile where i assume he has gone into,away the 3 go up and over the stones,when i get to the top of thre stones to see a view of the valley bellow two of my lurchers are just in front of me with my other one ragging in the rush bed..GREAT "i thought"but why did my two stop dead ? well i eventully walk over and find out ! shes on a black sheep FUC..G GUTTED...all the hard work at the end of last year and the last few mts getting them fit and slowly bringing them on and THIS,im not going to make excuses but the weather wasnt the best with a bit of hill fog and light rain and the hill was coverd in sheep..but WHY,last year this bitch accounted for 6 single handed,and a few heavy customers she started to make good earths,and even missed a fox and came back thro a flock of ewes...shes 25mths old and i thought this was going to be a good season for her NOT NOW IT AINT..GUTTED :(

just read,all the replys.this very same scenario happened to me last year.a very good dog of mine 4 years old and trained PROPERLY.disapeared out of sight on a moor.i know how you feel when you first look at your animal smashing into a sheep (not farting about with it)but smashing it.its you that owns that animal,and i sympathise with your predicament.i didnt even think about sorting him ,it was far to gone for that.BUT after presure from some freinds to give the dog another chance,i buckled and done exactly that.against my better judgment.5 months of back to basics 5 days a week of constant walking through the bo peep.(off the lead)a wee glimmer of trust was returning.he was back out working again .3 months go bye then same moor but about 3 miles away from his misdemeanour and off he went far out into nowhere past flocks of sheep and straight onto a lone ewe.YOU DONE THE RIGHT THING MATE :thumbs: take it from me.when they take the throat out of one they will do it again. :thumbdown:

Thanks for the genuine honest reply..itstead of utter crap off people who aint got a clue about any type of hunting,only computer lituracy.. :thumbs:

u recon ur the only one on this site that hunts the rest of us sit on the computer all day go pull ur self u moran

Went out for my usuall walk on the hill this morning with just the 3 lurchers,walked for around half an hour and the lurchers take a line about 400 yds away from me..there i see reynard going flat out over the stones and making his way to a huge rush bed with my 3 behind him,when i get over to them they loose him briefly and take up the line to a rock pile where i assume he has gone into,away the 3 go up and over the stones,when i get to the top of thre stones to see a view of the valley bellow two of my lurchers are just in front of me with my other one ragging in the rush bed..GREAT "i thought"but why did my two stop dead ? well i eventully walk over and find out ! shes on a black sheep FUC..G GUTTED...all the hard work at the end of last year and the last few mts getting them fit and slowly bringing them on and THIS,im not going to make excuses but the weather wasnt the best with a bit of hill fog and light rain and the hill was coverd in sheep..but WHY,last year this bitch accounted for 6 single handed,and a few heavy customers she started to make good earths,and even missed a fox and came back thro a flock of ewes...shes 25mths old and i thought this was going to be a good season for her NOT NOW IT AINT..GUTTED :(

just read,all the replys.this very same scenario happened to me last year.a very good dog of mine 4 years old and trained PROPERLY.disapeared out of sight on a moor.i know how you feel when you first look at your animal smashing into a sheep (not farting about with it)but smashing it.its you that owns that animal,and i sympathise with your predicament.i didnt even think about sorting him ,it was far to gone for that.BUT after presure from some freinds to give the dog another chance,i buckled and done exactly that.against my better judgment.5 months of back to basics 5 days a week of constant walking through the bo peep.(off the lead)a wee glimmer of trust was returning.he was back out working again .3 months go bye then same moor but about 3 miles away from his misdemeanour and off he went far out into nowhere past flocks of sheep and straight onto a lone ewe.YOU DONE THE RIGHT THING MATE :thumbs: take it from me.when they take the throat out of one they will do it again. :thumbdown:

Thanks for the genuine honest reply..itstead of utter crap off people who aint got a clue about any type of hunting,only computer lituracy.. :thumbs:

u recon ur the only one on this site that hunts the rest of us sit on the computer all day go pull ur self u moran

How Ironic.

:whistling:

FTB

you say the dog served you well and was good at her job,some are saying its your dog and only you know it,yet you have only had her since jan anyway! Then you turn into god and decide her fate! The bitch was confused and in my opinion obviously not trained well enough by you. YOU trained her,YOU to blame! PTS was wrong! And if that makes me a bad countryman then so be it,shoot me. :feck: :wankerzo4:

Lisen up the bitch was bought in beg of january i worked up untill march she prob killed more in them 3 mts then you and half the dick heads off this site seen in a year,and she was not trained by me i just gave her the work, has the guy that had her coulndt give her the work ! and im gutted she had to be put down would you think id put a bitch that takes big stuff down..?

ok you give her the work l get that what l dont get is you hunted the bitch for 3 months on land that had live stock on it so why did it not do it then??

Why take dog out that was not trained by you so wontlisten tell you??

Last off all you said dog was doing big stuff and you would not put a dog down does big stuff but you just did??

Think bitch was locked up all summer no hunting and it was a mistake by her and you

How Ironic.

FTB

you sound like a fuking dik mate fuk rit off u nipple

I love the way that the people who accuse people of being 'keyboard hunters' have hundreds if not thousands of posts them selves. Take a look at your selves before judging people. And f**k it, I will have my say on the matter. Yes the dog did wrong, but could have been corrected. Big woop you got 60 plus permissions. So have I. Whats your point? If you didnt want to risk working the dog on your permission, how about get rid of it to a pet only home. Just crazy how a dog can be so loyal and get pts sleep over it. Next time you f**k up, I will put you to sleep!!

ATB Mike

Must have touched a nerve did i, as im the only one saying key board hunters, theres alot of them on here! Look how many post i have WOW take a look back to last season on my posts you will find many topics i posted about being out and doing it, not sitting here throughout summer posting pics of shit i do thats because i dont do it! You and alot of other people are one of the main reasons i will never post about a day out with lurchers hounds guns or terriers anymore on here! Now i will reply to your say, so you say it! Some people would rather see the dog PTS then let it be passed from pillar to post and be used for people to make a pritty penny! Pet homes are hard to come by with all the kennels in the country being full of the mutts, if people did the right thing like milo did there wouldnt be as many in there! And of course your another dickhead! Next time you f**k up, I will put you to sleep!!

Grow up mate and stop hiding behind the alphabet!

Take care!

How Ironic.

FTB

you sound like a fuking dik mate fuk rit off u nipple

Awritez fo shizzle ma nizzle.

Brrrap brrap na na naaai!

:laugh:

FTB

I love the way that the people who accuse people of being 'keyboard hunters' have hundreds if not thousands of posts them selves. Take a look at your selves before judging people. And f**k it, I will have my say on the matter. Yes the dog did wrong, but could have been corrected. Big woop you got 60 plus permissions. So have I. Whats your point? If you didnt want to risk working the dog on your permission, how about get rid of it to a pet only home. Just crazy how a dog can be so loyal and get pts sleep over it. Next time you f**k up, I will put you to sleep!!

ATB Mike

Must have touched a nerve did i, as im the only one saying key board hunters, theres alot of them on here! Look how many post i have WOW take a look back to last season on my posts you will find many topics i posted about being out and doing it, not sitting here throughout summer posting pics of shit i do thats because i dont do it! You and alot of other people are one of the main reasons i will never post about a day out with lurchers hounds guns or terriers anymore on here! Now i will reply to your say, so you say it! Some people would rather see the dog PTS then let it be passed from pillar to post and be used for people to make a pritty penny! Pet homes are hard to come by with all the kennels in the country being full of the mutts, if people did the right thing like milo did there wouldnt be as many in there! And of course your another dickhead! Next time you f**k up, I will put you to sleep!!

Take care!

Jesus pal, everyone has there own opinion, wether you agree with it or not.. wether it is a shit one or not. who the hell are you to threatening folk for having one... not everyone has to agree, and your as bad as the ones hiding behind the key board, as its you who has deleivered a threat, calm down and lets be like grown ups!

ATB Mike

Take care!

Jesus pal, everyone has there own opinion, wether you agree with it or not.. wether it is a shit one or not. who the hell are you to threatening folk for having one... not everyone has to agree, and your as bad as the ones hiding behind the key board, as its you who has deleivered a threat, calm down and lets be like grown ups!

I think you may have miss read it mate ive never threatend anyone,Next time you f**k up, I will put you to sleep!! i took that statement from the above which was directed at milo! And keyboard hunter wasnt directed at mike he just took it to heart, so i replied to him! Thats about it, my punctuation isnt too good maybe thats why it was miss read! :thumbs:

I don't think killing a dog for one mistake is the right thing. :no: Its not just a hunting tool you can bin if it gets broke. Its a dog. And only two years old. And now its dead. :( Did you take it to vet to makes shore dog was healthy and no underline cores for its change in behaviour.? Did you sleep on it and think what mite have gone wrong ?, did you tell the farmer and offer to pay for the dead sheep ?

Did you think about trying it with a muzzle to see if it really had turned ?. I don't think you did much of anything . Easer to bury it and move on . Now I know why hunting gets such a bad name.

I had a not to dissimilar post on here a short time back. We had the dog put to sleep. Most people agreed with us. apart from the guy a bove, who has just put silly faces, must have changed his point of view...

Its a tough tough call, and until your in this situation, you will never know. It makes you feel sick. Earlier i said give the animal another chance.. We did, it didnt work, it may have for you.. who knows. You knew the dog better than anyone, and if you think it had turned that corner of no return, then thiers not much you can do

I dont beleive what someone said earlier, " that you can never be 100% sure with a dog" obviously that person doesnt really trust there training abilitys, or there dogs, and are kidding them selves...

lol i only did that as i knew you would say something about it :laugh: :laugh: ive said sorry to you once and thats it for me even though ive been in this situtation and think i handled better than this as the dogs still alive and running :thumbs: also the :doh: :doh:,s were for posting this shit on a site watched by antis and police :icon_eek: i no its fully legal to shoot your own dogs but FFS keep it to yourself and as for admiting running foxes on here post ban milo you have earned another :doh: infact heres another :doh::laugh:

lol i only did that as i knew you would say something about it :laugh: :laugh: ive said sorry to you once and thats it for me even though ive been in this situtation and think i handled better than this as the dogs still alive and running :thumbs: also the :doh: :doh:,s were for posting this shit on a site watched by antis and police :icon_eek: i no its fully legal to shoot your own dogs but FFS keep it to yourself and as for admiting running foxes on here post ban milo you have earned another :doh: infact heres another :doh::laugh:

You Prat = Grass..

Edited by Borat