SHEEP WORRYING

personaly i think your a f*****g idiot didnt you do anything wrong in your life ? but i bet your mum never wanted to put you to sleep . its an easyly solved problem iv dun it with 3 dogs all ataked sheep so i did what i had to do and they have never looked the road a sheep was on . and it shows you give a f**k about your dogs when a bit of scabby permission is more important than your dog your a fanny plain and simple you didnt give the poor bitch a chance well i personaly wish you the worst luck and i hope you feel realy proud of your self ya b*****d

Got to a agree to some respect!

Im sure your sorry to see the bitch go but theres not a chance on the planet i would of done the same thing ! She made a mistake and i think its been followed by another one!

Horses for courses i suppose !

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, what have we learned ???. My first post questioned why you even brought this to the table if (and I think you had) already decided on a course of action. If the dog was an out and out sheep worri

Okay, think Shit Stirer fits the bill better..

You can't keep a dog that kills or worries sheep and expect to work it, it just cant happen. Anyone who has a retired worker knows how hard it is for the dog to see you and another dog going to work a

Posted Images

I love the way that the people who accuse people of being 'keyboard hunters' have hundreds if not thousands of posts them selves. Take a look at your selves before judging people. And f**k it, I will have my say on the matter. Yes the dog did wrong, but could have been corrected. Big woop you got 60 plus permissions. So have I. Whats your point? If you didnt want to risk working the dog on your permission, how about get rid of it to a pet only home. Just crazy how a dog can be so loyal and get pts sleep over it. Next time you f**k up, I will put you to sleep!!

ATB Mike

Must have touched a nerve did i, as im the only one saying key board hunters, theres alot of them on here! Look how many post i have WOW take a look back to last season on my posts you will find many topics i posted about being out and doing it, not sitting here throughout summer posting pics of shit i do thats because i dont do it! You and alot of other people are one of the main reasons i will never post about a day out with lurchers hounds guns or terriers anymore on here! Now i will reply to your say, so you say it! Some people would rather see the dog PTS then let it be passed from pillar to post and be used for people to make a pritty penny! Pet homes are hard to come by with all the kennels in the country being full of the mutts, if people did the right thing like milo did there wouldnt be as many in there! And of course your another dickhead! Next time you f**k up, I will put you to sleep!!

Grow up mate and stop hiding behind the alphabet!

Take care!

Jesus pal, everyone has there own opinion, wether you agree with it or not.. wether it is a shit one or not. who the hell are you to threatening folk for having one... not everyone has to agree, and your as bad as the ones hiding behind the key board, as its you who has deleivered a threat, calm down and lets be like grown ups!

I think you may have miss read it mate ive never threatend anyone,Next time you f**k up, I will put you to sleep!! i took that statement from the above which was directed at milo! And keyboard hunter wasnt directed at mike he just took it to heart, so i replied to him! Thats about it, my punctuation isnt too good maybe thats why it was miss read! :thumbs:

understood now mate... ATB russ.

i think you droped a bollock mate ,putting down a healthy dog ,young dog of 1 mistake ,just shows you have not a clue about dog,s ,because if you were as good with dog,s u could of sorted it out .simple ,instead you took the easy way and got rid .

I had a three year old that retreived a lamb whilst hunting. Never done anything like it before, the lamb was ok thankfully. He was scolded and we spent the next few months walking through sheep fields on a lead, every time his ears pricked or he looked he got a scolding. Now when he goes anywhere near sheep he gets nervous. With hard work it can be corrected

I had a three year old that retreived a lamb whilst hunting. Never done anything like it before, the lamb was ok thankfully. He was scolded and we spent the next few months walking through sheep fields on a lead, every time his ears pricked or he looked he got a scolding. Now when he goes anywhere near sheep he gets nervous. With hard work it can be corrected

he wont lern much were he is now!

Theres barlie a sheep nerar me and its a main area for hare coursing. most travellers dogs have never seen a sheep so its common sense that the feilds close to sheep arnt run to save dogs getting shot. why did you not give the dog to someone in an aribale area like where i am instead of knocking the brains out of a good game animal?

i have too say milo i think you are a complete twat of the first order. one for posting it on a place like this. we dont want too hear about it and the other for shooting a completely healthy dog. you say all this about being a real hunter and learning off true dogmen well if thats what a true dogman is then i dont want too be one. i go out with true dogmen and they wouldnt do that. corrected at time and some effort put into it would of cured it. sounds like she was a good bitch too who deserved. i hope someone dont do something to you for making ONE mistake

I cant see any reason not posting it.Lets face it shit like this dose happen why not address it.The forum here to share and hopefully learn something.Or maybe we should sweep the bad bits under the carpet.:thumbs:

:thumbs: well said catch :yes:

So, what have we learned ???. My first post questioned why you even brought this to the table if (and I think you had) already decided on a course of action. If the dog was an out and out sheep worrier then fine,..pts, but if the dog as you say was doing well, impressing you surely it was worth the effort and due another chance. If it offended again then fine you would have satisfied yourself that you'd done the right thing and lets be brutally honest an old hill ewe is worth buttons, own up offer to pay, what will it cost to replace your dog ?.

There seems to be a tendancy on here and in the lurcher world in general now that a dog is a disposable commodity, what happened to the old ways when your dog was an asset, your right hand man and hunting partner ?. The death knell of hunting won't fall to the antis, but rather to those amongst us now who think they're hunters but in all honesty are as far distanced from us as the antis themselves.

Regardless of how much a hill ewe is worth, it boils down to a trust thing between hunting folk and farmers/landowners.

Go to a farmer and say "while out on your ground other day one of my lurchers killed one of your sheep. I have had said dog destroyed, how much would you like me to give you for your sheep?"

Reply "Well these things happen. The ewe is worth so much. Good of you to own up"

The other side of the coin might be

Farmer"Found old ewe with its throat ripped out. You lads were around with your dogs about that time. Cant prove anything but until this sheep killer is found you lads better stay away from this area. All my neighbours think the same so thats a lot of ground you'll have to stay off"

Think about it.

• Like 1

personaly i think your a f*****g idiot didnt you do anything wrong in your life ? but i bet your mum never wanted to put you to sleep . its an easyly solved problem iv dun it with 3 dogs all ataked sheep so i did what i had to do and they have never looked the road a sheep was on . and it shows you give a f**k about your dogs when a bit of scabby permission is more important than your dog your a fanny plain and simple you didnt give the poor bitch a chance well i personaly wish you the worst luck and i hope you feel realy proud of your self ya b*****d

You've solved the problem of sheep worrying with three different dogs, easily. Yet you didn't manage to cure a pup that was killing cats.:whistling: What does that say of you mate?

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/127935-9-month-old-dog/page__p__1315097__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=1315097

• Like 1

Regardless of how much a hill ewe is worth, it boils down to a trust thing between hunting folk and farmers/landowners.

Go to a farmer and say "while out on your ground other day one of my lurchers killed one of your sheep. I have had said dog destroyed, how much would you like me to give you for your sheep?"

Reply "Well these things happen. The ewe is worth so much. Good of you to own up"

The other side of the coin might be

Farmer"Found old ewe with its throat ripped out. You lads were around with your dogs about that time. Cant prove anything but until this sheep killer is found you lads better stay away from this area. All my neighbours think the same so thats a lot of ground you'll have to stay off"

Think about it.

Best post on this thread..

Edited by Borat

You can't keep a dog that kills or worries sheep and expect to work it, it just cant happen. Anyone who has a retired worker knows how hard it is for the dog to see you and another dog going to work and leaving it behind so keeping it as a pet is cruel in my view. I've only had one dog that worried sheep and lucky for me, I had the dog on trial so it got handed back quick style. Sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind and its easy for us without the dilemma to give our opinions but we all know how hard and long it takes to get permission and how quick you can lose it...... I don't know what I'd do but I do know I hope I'm never in the position to find out.

• Like 2

got to page 3 and read "she is no longer with me" .... well you came on here not lookin for advice or learn off someone whod experienced the same situation you had made your mind up before you posted this thread...... WHY BOTHER POSTIN THIS ??????????? was it too tell everyone how you work with your dogs, they make 1 mistake and thats it ? was it too look the big man ? you say you put 2 yrs into the bitch well you have to take some resposibility ! 1 final thought you say you have plenty off permission on x amount off farms, surely you could off approached a farmer explained your breakin the bitch to sheep, muzzled her and put a few weeks into her with sheep then if all failed discretly done what you had too do, but not done it as you did on here.

Well i dont believe it how much BAD LUCK can one have,i took my other few lurchers out out along with my 4 hounds thisafternoon and one of them returned to me with blood all over its mussle..when i took a look they where all tucking into a ewe now im not sure which one killed it ! but i have no choice but to part with them,after all the debate on this topic i have decided not to put any of them down but offer them all up for rehoming...4 hounds and 2 lurchers...anyone out there fancy taking them on..cheers :thumbs: