the ultimate rabbit dog?

Whippets piss poor on the lamp. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Get f*****g real. Add beddy to it and its suddenly a cracking lamp dog is it? But a pure whippet is shit? f**k knows what you have been seeing, but maybe it was the owners that were shit. Go speak to Mike Brown and go out for a night lamping with him and then see what your saying about lamping whippets.

P.S Dotty - you make a fair point about the height but i've never seen it stop them.

never mentioned adding beddy makes them better, still shite for the lamp in my eyes, still too small

an as for mike brown, haha

i had a bitch of his breeding here, an well she was found wanting

why is it that all mikes photo's are identical??? just with difrent dogs????

cos hes another hancock :thumbs:

not gonna argue aboot whippets, i actually like the wee dogs, but come off it anyone that thinks they are LAMPERS

needs there head read....

my bitch done not bad on the lamp, even good some nites out on our own

add a taller purpose bred lamp dog to the nite, an ye soon see how inadequate they really are :thumbs:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the best I ever saw was a 3/4 grey 1/4 DH x 3/4grey 1/4 sal often saw her taking 50+ she was also the mother to Joe Thompsons Sniper but I find the whippet in general as hard to beat for rabbits, the

ohhhhhhhhhhhh likkle hopper want a bit a sympathy????????????   diffrent matter is it mate, what about all the times you told people to cull there shitey dogs   not worth a feck, why not get a pro

No, no , no, mate !! I said a dog that will take rabbits daytime, will have no problem taking them on the lamp !!! If you think I am wrong... OK.. you just carry on !! I'm not into an argument; youre

Posted Images

Whippets piss poor on the lamp. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Get f*****g real. Add beddy to it and its suddenly a cracking lamp dog is it? But a pure whippet is shit? f**k knows what you have been seeing, but maybe it was the owners that were shit. Go speak to Mike Brown and go out for a night lamping with him and then see what your saying about lamping whippets.

P.S Dotty - you make a fair point about the height but i've never seen it stop them.

never mentioned adding beddy makes them better, still shite for the lamp in my eyes, still too small

not gonna argue aboot whippets, i actually like the wee dogs, but come off it anyone that thinks they are LAMPERS

needs there head read....

my bitch done not bad on the lamp, even good some nites out on our own

add a taller purpose bred lamp dog to the nite, an ye soon see how inadequate they really are :thumbs:

Fairplay mate. But i'm taking your opinion of mike brown is based upon what you have heard on forums etc. Have you actually met the man or his dogs or seen them work etc. I take it you mean his website photos rather than his extensive photo albums in his front room. 25 years of lamping with whippets and i think he has figured it out.

aye i spoke to him, never actually met the man tho

an to be honest he seemed a decent sort,t ill i started asking questions that he didnt like

then he become quite rude, sarcastic an even called me a liar haha

if i had 2 words to describe the man, id say

kennel blind

or

good salesman

:thumbs:

an to be honest he seemed a decent sort,t ill i started asking questions that he didnt like

kennel blind

or

good salesman

Based on a phone call. ok.

kennel blind

or

good salesman

belive what ye will, but obviously you are just as blinkered as the man himself

the way i see it is....

i dont own any whippets any more, i never bred any, never sold any, just worked an kept them

they got the exact same treatment as every other sighthound or x that comes into my life

an they were found wanting at the lamping game, most whippets will lose condition when lamped say 4/5 nights a week taking decent bags a bunnys

i have nothing to lose nor gain by telling the truth about my findings with this type a wee dog

however

whippet breeders will lose a lot,(whats the average price of a whippet these days??)

if they were to be 100% honest about there dogs lamping abilitys

having owned 4 of these woking whippetts from the above kennels and one from the lynperry kennels well a wouldint call lynperry kennels but thats another story i aquired these animals for rab work and there his alot to be said with what dotty doo said they cant hold condition when worked in the manor of the average small crossbred its bloody hard work to keep them pleasing to the eye with out work any animal what does not have the constitution to take workto become top notch hasint a prayer theres been many a decent dog man woman taken in by salesman patter and heresay i happen to have been one of them but like most dog men just thought i was unlucky and tried again and again no ime sorry rubbish end of

hes a bitsa 27tts and a decent lamp dog,lamp and battery has seen him run,and as for the whippets there work in the dales all winter,ferreting rabbiting and are good at there job but taken them on the lamp and there shite,why would i bullshit?

Not being funny, but what would you expect to happen when taking a daytime dog out on the lamp? :laugh: It's not going to be as good as a whippet who knows the score when lamping? ;)

no way are you for real malt :blink:

so what ye saying is a dog cannot both do daytime an work a lamp, cos i beg to differ

i have owned a few dogs of various breeds an crosses an most a them could :thumbs:

That's not what I was trying to say at all Dotty. :no: I meant that if you had a dog brought up hunting in the daytime, it's not automatically going to be as good as a dog that's used to lamping if it's taken out a few times times now and again.

I miss read the posts.. :thumbs:

kennel blind

or

good salesman

belive what ye will, but obviously you are just as blinkered as the man himself

the way i see it is....

i dont own any whippets any more, i never bred any, never sold any, just worked an kept them

they got the exact same treatment as every other sighthound or x that comes into my life

an they were found wanting at the lamping game, most whippets will lose condition when lamped say 4/5 nights a week taking decent bags a bunnys

i have nothing to lose nor gain by telling the truth about my findings with this type a wee dog

however

whippet breeders will lose a lot,(whats the average price of a whippet these days??)

if they were to be 100% honest about there dogs lamping abilitys

fair point, i had little none ped whippet bitch 20lb, and she was good rabbit dog. But regards 2 (hard) nights lamping a week (20-30) runs on rabbits

they wont handle it like a strong collie x grey or colliexgrey xsalukixgrey can. With there strenght,wind,(coat) good feet, there is not many lurchers to touch them . fast of the mark, very agile, and fast, bang on for rabbits.And cold+wet weather no prob. Not just my dog but these xs are Brill for that quarry.

msg-6933-1271070938.jpg

b2-1.jpg

Fairplay mate. But i'm taking your opinion of mike brown is based upon what you have heard on forums etc. Have you actually met the man or his dogs or seen them work etc. I take it you mean his website photos rather than his extensive photo albums in his front room. 25 years of lamping with whippets and i think he has figured it out.

Ideation,I've asked this several times and never had a straight answer :hmm: Have you (or anyone else for that matter)been out with mb lamping and working his dogs?(not dogs bred from his stuff)As for his extensive photo albums :whistling: and 25years of lamping :whistling:all his line stems back to Sooty Sam and a bitch Gorwynne Glissando both born in 1991 according to Whippet Archives :whistling:

Have you figured it out yet :hmm: ?

Y.I.S Leeview

Ideation,I've asked this several times and never had a straight answer :hmm: Have you (or anyone else for that matter)been out with mb lamping and working his dogs?(not dogs bred from his stuff)As for his extensive photo albums :whistling: and 25years of lamping :whistling:all his line stems back to Sooty Sam and a bitch Gorwynne Glissando both born in 1991 according to Whippet Archives :whistling:

Have you figured it out yet :hmm: ?

Y.I.S Leeview

the whippets ive seen mate seen ffs,may be others out there that are handy but the ones ive seen are papa,and did i mention crossing it?nope and these whippets are m browns lines you retard

ok ive read all posts,just say ive got a greyhound bitch 1stclass breeding and great temperemont this bitch would run through a brick wall on the track shes 26kilo 25ints still racing whats ur opinion of a stud to make good rabitting dogs my lurcher is 5now so time to get a pup i normlly buy but always fancied breeding,ive had different crosses over the years and lurcher x lurcher the way of the mining villages then best bitch /dog got bred,thinking bedlington stud,like to hear ur views,cheers

ok ive read all posts,just say ive got a greyhound bitch 1stclass breeding and great temperemont this bitch would run through a brick wall on the track shes 26kilo 25ints still racing whats ur opinion of a stud to make good rabitting dogs my lurcher is 5now so time to get a pup i normlly buy but always fancied breeding,ive had different crosses over the years and lurcher x lurcher the way of the mining villages then best bitch /dog got bred,thinking bedlington stud,like to hear ur views,cheers

I'd have to be looking for a good collie in that case :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview