Hi folks having a problem with red mites in the chicken shed the bloody thing are a pain in the ass i do you get rid of them,we have used jeyas fluid and dusted the hens but they still seem to come back.So how do you sort them out thanks in advance :thumbs:

Creosote, but the real stuff. Not your b&q substitute.

and before any body starts, Yes you can buy it, they have not banned it, it is not ilegal, blah blah!!!

However, you may have to provide proof of training for safe handling of pesticides.

Although it is likley your local agric merchants will sell you it off the shelf.

:thumbs:

Hi folks having a problem with red mites in the chicken shed the bloody thing are a pain in the ass i do you get rid of them,we have used jeyas fluid and dusted the hens but they still seem to come back.So how do you sort them out thanks in advance :thumbs:

Without doubt you need "Duramitex plus" ....... just google Duramitex ........ job done.

(oh sh*t on boys logging)

Edited by Joe1302

johnsons spray is good for the cracks an that in the shed, spray the lot mate,

an as said get some duramitex, or i use some paste stuff which is for horses, mix it up with hot water an give as drinking water :thumbs:

it is very good gear am works wonders fo all parasites,tho i was a bit iffy at using it with pigeons as it was for horses, tho a load of older pigeon men told me to try it, an ill never go back :thumbs:

ivermectin it is called an worms an does lice all year round :thumbs:

Guest it's all my land after 12

an as said get some duramitex, or i use some paste stuff which is for horses, mix it up with hot water an give as drinking water :thumbs:

it is very good gear am works wonders fo all parasites,tho i was a bit iffy at using it with pigeons as it was for horses, tho a load of older pigeon men told me to try it, an ill never go back :thumbs:

dotty......... ivermectin is good just 1 drop on the back of a birds neck but not sure how good it is for red mite, as they live around the loft

and come on the pigeons to feed ( especially nestlings) after dark .... easy to see if you got red mite ...check under nestlings wing & leg joints.

ryou can also get solution called poultry shield safe to use top brand for comercialpoultry houses perches boxes every where needs spraying red mite feeds on the fowl at night you can get this of ebay under red mite its all about keeping on top of them duramitex good also but in some areas they have imunity to this cresote great

remember ivermec can make the birds infertile for up to 3 months, depending on the size of birds and the strength of the ivermec. i would suggest frontline for the birds and spray the cages/shed with ARDAP from QUICKO, brilliant for i would say all mites, fleas, wasps, ants, even good for wasp bikes. have used both products intensively and would say its the best you can get... as for duramitex you would be as well as using cold water... if you would like any more info would gladly pass it on as a good friend spent alot of time and money working with the top guy at B.P on red and northern mite....devonvale

dotty......... ivermectin is good just 1 drop on the back of a birds neck but not sure how good it is for red mite, as they live around the loft

and come on the pigeons to feed ( especially nestlings) after dark .... easy to see if you got red mite ...check under nestlings wing & leg joints.

:thumbs:

Hi all.

Had a mite problem years ago then earwigs appeared in the house just before we were going to clean and treat the birds and housing now every year the mites appear and after a few days we have earwigs and no mite, I haven't found any problems with the earwigs.