no wonder no kids take it up. !

If younguns are keen on getting into dogs NOTHING will put them off who they mix with in their young days usualy will make wat sort of dogman they turn into later on in life if their mixing with older lads who just go out for the sake of killing stuff their knowledge will be limited as any true hunter,, poacher,, wat ever knows thats NOT wat its all about.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

looking at some of the comments about hoodies chaves and general swipes at younge dog men is it any wonder that kids prefer a computer game to a nights lamping. a lot of you on here should be ashame

This hunting with dogs 'thing' comes and goes in small waves, up and down the country, year in year out. Many youngsters take on a dog be it Lurcher or terrier and try their hand. For most it' a way '

im 16 always get permision to go on to peoples land i dont think any 1 taught me i just got my ferrets and after that got a staghound(lurcher) and its all starting to come together. as for killing any thing. Unless its good dog tucker or a pest i wont touch it.

Edited by kieran 17

looking at some of the comments about hoodies chaves and general swipes at younge dog men is it any wonder that kids prefer a computer game to a nights lamping.

a lot of you on here should be ashamed with yourselfs !

i judge someone on how much game there dogs take not there age. im 28 i had my first lurcher at 11 when my grandfather died and i lernt with hes working bitch.

at times people were so unhelpful youd think they were in a (terreir men are worse still)secrete society! people couldnt beleive when they came round to pick a pup off a 16 year old boy that i knew about what mix would make the best lamping dog for the area. thoses who took a chance ended up with some very competent workers.

the most unhelpfull people when i was younger were the show and racing types. and as iv since found out all there dogs are capable of doing is prancing round a ring or chase a stupid lure.when there rubbish is not infront of a judge there owner is far too freindlie with :kiss: there dogs arent worth a carrot.

Boys and girls if you want to hunt in trackies hoddies or moleskins and tweeds thats your choice.

if i can help a youngser now iv got a little expereince ill be proud too.

whats your number mate there are loads of young uns by me that aint got a clue i will pass your number on to them

Young kid up by me has turned his life round now he come's out with me and my mate, he was always in trouble with the law! crap in school. now he has a whippit x that we got for him from the local pound, now he too biz with the dog to course trouble and his mum is a milf which helps :thumbs:

looking at some of the comments about hoodies chaves and general swipes at younge dog men is it any wonder that kids prefer a computer game to a nights lamping.

i judge someone on how much game there dogs take not there age. im 28 i had my first lurcher at 11 when my grandfather died and i lernt with hes working bitch.

at times people were so unhelpful youd think they were in a (terreir men are worse still)secrete society! people couldnt beleive when they came round to pick a pup off a 16 year old boy that i knew about what mix would make the best lamping dog for the area. thoses who took a chance ended up with some very competent workers.

the most unhelpfull people when i was younger were the show and racing types. and as iv since found out all there dogs are capable of doing is prancing round a ring or chase a stupid lure.when there rubbish is not infront of a judge there owner is far too freindlie with :kiss: there dogs arent worth a carrot.

Boys and girls if you want to hunt in trackies hoddies or moleskins and tweeds thats your choice.

Ermmm, to be honest I don't judge on age, more on how they act, and on a personal note, if I have worked hard to get permission i'm not going to turn up at the farm with a teenager in a hoodie and talking "street", they need to dress, talk and act appropriately............. And I don't judge someone on how much game they take.....some tools may have good dogs but it doesn't make them good dog men.........

to true i dont know how anyone can say they judge on how much people get lol. i can go one place get big bags of rabbits and see more. go on another and get none with the same dog. big bags mean nothing a seasoned hunter no's that you can only catch whats there. i have taken my fare share of kids out it normally leads to a competition of seeing how meany kids can lamp a place in a knight a angry farmer and a lot of lamp shy game and not being welcome back on the farm.

Ermmm, to be honest I don't judge on age, more on how they act, and on a personal note, if I have worked hard to get permission i'm not going to turn up at the farm with a teenager in a hoodie and talking "street", they need to dress, talk and act appropriately............. And I don't judge someone on how much game they take.....some tools may have good dogs but it doesn't make them good dog men.........

to true i dont know how anyone can say they judge on how much people get lol. i can go one place get big bags of rabbits and see more. go on another and get none with the same dog. big bags mean nothing a seasoned hunter no's that you can only catch whats there. i have taken my fare share of kids out it normally leads to a competition of seeing how meany kids can lamp a place in a knight a angry farmer and a lot of lamp shy game and not being welcome back on the farm.

i started fishing at the age of eight my dad isnt really into fieldsports but my great uncle was and he and his wife taught me to fish i then proceeded to harass my parents for a dog to go shooting with and got my 1st lab at 14 and my shotgun ticket at 15 and never looked back bought my 1st lurcher as birthday present to myself a few years later. I had the advantage of living on a farm so game was available. I had older mates who had lurchers for years before me and i learned from them and ultimatley ended up with a very good rabbit and hare dog wasnt keen on stuff that bit back but you cant eat them so i wasnt that bothered. none of my mates were into fieldsports and only really 1 of the boys are now who im in the process of teaching him fieldcraft hes much more into shooting than dogs at the moment i gave him an semi retrired lab of mine to get him goin and im giving him a pup from what is hopefully goin to be my next litter of labs (bitch lined last week). educating others into what we do i think is vitally important to the future of the sports we love. trying to instil eticquete and respect for the quarry into new comers is not always easy especially if they are a similar age to yourself. i have 2 young nephews who i will endevour to get into our sport as soon as possible they already love my dogs and the eldest (4yrs) comes walks with me whenever hes there.

THE YOUNGSTERS ARE THE FUTURE WITHOUT THEM OUR SPORT WILL DIE WITH US. hunting needs as much support as it can get.

i understand what your saying as i was young and female when i got into the sport, i was lucky and i worked with racing greyhounds in ireland where we ran hares to keep the racers keen,, i loved it, however i find in england you do need to sort of prove that you are genuine and are serious about working the dogs, HOWEVER i don't think this is due to age or sex - apart from a few small minded indeviduals,, i think this has more to do with any one who works their dog wont want just anyone looking at their kennels, watching their dogs work,, i know i wouldn't!! i think we respond to a novice no matter what their age, as long as their keen and are genuine then its fine but it takes a bit of time to build that trust..

besides i taught myself with my dog and i wouldn't want it any other way, means you work better with your dog and you don't pick up somebody elses bad habits

if its in your blood to work your dog you will, any grief you hit on the way only makes you keener!!

lurcher lass

NO KIDS TAKING IT UP ???????

FECKIN HELL THERE HUNDREDS ROUND HERE ....... NORMALLY OUT FERRETING ALL SUMMER NO LOCATORS TRENCHING SETTS ....... OR KILLING LEVERETS ....... :feck:

DUCKWING

Took the words out of my mouth Ducky, half a dozen walked past my window last night, with a dog each :D Did make me smile though, they aren't all baduns.

I do agree with a little of what baldockbanks says, I remember when my lad was a youngun, he was with a group of mates and was treated like a worthless chav at a local gamefair show, by one of the "well respected" ferreters, and all he did stopping for a chat and to admire this fella's dog....Thankfully they aren't all like this, and there were a couple of good decent lads that helped him out and showed him the ropes. Now he has a son of his own, who very soon will have his own little ferret too :D Kids are our future and should be encouraged, and shown how to do things properly :thumbs:

Edited by Keeps

Its funny, years ago you used to nearly have to serve an apprenticeship, carrying rabbits, spade , ferret box, took ages, learing bits and pieces, listening, reading , saving up your money for your first pup, My only gripe with some young lads is that the expect instant results without having put in the ground work and if the dog isnt perfect just get rid of it , or worse bred it, hoping the pup will be perfect, ;when at the end of the day the fault lies with them,,

Edited by Casso

I think that alot of youngsters get into the game with the wrong type of people so they know no different to what's right or wrong, we all learn by our mistakes and once learnt the right way, usually the wrong way is history. I learnt alot through plain commen sense, i started out with complete muppets who thought it was a great way to build big egos :icon_eek: Thankfully i saw through the :censored: and found a couple of decent people to show me the right way and i will always be thankfull for without them who knows?!

:thumbs: monkey see, monkey do !!

look the way i look at this is everyone slaging youngsters off for killing next years stock witch is wrong but we all done it havent we???and most people on this site never done a days hunting ,coursing etc in there fuxking life but seem to no everything instead of talking a load of shit and argueing with each other take the dogs for a nice stroll down the river.... (LOAD OF ARM CHAIR HUNTERS)PS DONT TAKE IT AFFENSIVELY BUT IT TRUE?????

i a know what you mean mate theres some proper stuck up c**ts on here f*****g divies if you ask me .am geting my nephew into it hes just got 2 pups for next year and he'll be coming out with me i were air max aswell but we'll not be smashing no fences down nor lamping one place all the time atb.

If younguns are keen on getting into dogs NOTHING will put them off who they mix with in their young days usualy will make wat sort of dogman they turn into later on in life if their mixing with older lads who just go out for the sake of killing stuff their knowledge will be limited as any true hunter,, poacher,, wat ever knows thats NOT wat its all about.

i agree with you there mate :victory: