Got the R10 back today

Hi lads,

I went and picked up my R10 yesterday afternoon from Addy at A and M Custom Gunsmiths :thumbs:

As you can see from the photos the rifle looks very well and shoot like a dream, better handling now and 20 times quieter :notworthy: .

To say the silencer is quiet is a understatement and I was shocked at how well it hushes up the R10 muzzle crack. All you hear now is the sound of the hammer and nothing more :clapper: .

I got her home and checked zero with her to find her still bang on from the last time I shot her which was really good news and shows that nothing has moved when Addy shortend the barrel for me.

I called my mum out into her garden as 2 crows were squawking at a lased 43 metres away sat not too far from where the woody was sat earlier and was shot with the HW95K.

My mum told me that these crows woke her up almost every morning and she wanted something doing to them ;) Thats all i needed to hear :thumbs:

With the MAP Pro set on x6 and giving the crows brain 3.5 mil dots hold over from my 25 metre zero I squeezed off the second stage to watch the crow just fold and fall into the gutter :toast: .

My step dad will now have to bring the ladders from work to retrieve the dead chick robber from the gutter, hence no photo of it. :thumbdown:

It was nice to see that the first corvid that I shot at with the new customised rifle was a cracker of a shot and did her proud.

Id like to thank Addy again for all his support today and hes such a gent that he even volunteed to supply me with more springers to use in DVD 3 and also sell my other DVDs from his place of work.

Id also like to thank Spike for making me my very own custom knife 8) The quality of Spikes work is very good and from what he tells me the metal is very good metal.

Regards

Si

post-2627-033275000 1278287273_thumb.jpg

post-2627-032747100 1278287295_thumb.jpg

Edited by zini

Cheers Gary buddy,

Ive got your Twink mark 2 silencer in my car mate from Spike.

Mate once you try this silencer on your HW100T you will never use the HW silencer again.

Its just super quiet pal and the HW100T is a quiet rifle anyway so it will make the rifle in audable.

Can you remember how quiet my r10 was with the sak fitted buddy? well with the Twink fitted now it is 2 times quieter buddy.

Addy has also made me a quick fill plug now too so i wont get any dust into the filling port.

Si

Edited by zini

Cheers Gary buddy,

Ive got your Twink mark 2 silencer in my car mate from Spike.

Mate once you try this silencer on your HW100T you will never use the HW silencer again.

Its just super quiet pal and the HW100T is a quiet rifle anyway so it will make the rifle in audable.

Can you remember how quiet my r10 was with the sak fitted buddy? well with the Twink fitted now it is 2 times quieter buddy.

Addy has also made me a quick fill plug now too so i wont get any dust into the filling port.

Si

Ive got your Twink mark 2 silencer

Hi simon sorry, to hijack your thread but this silencer sound pritty niffty to say the least! Im not sure the HW100 silencer is that good as i seem to get alot of bunnys being starteld by the sound from my HW100 KT although im not sure if it's the sound from the pellet hitting the rabbit's skull that tend's to srartel the rest, although i have taken out 3 bunnys sat in a line not 3 feet apart from each other before today. I usually shoot at around 50 53 yards but will go to 35 if it really windy so its a fair old distance away for the sound from my silencer to travel. Id be interested in trying this silencer.

ATB Martin.

I got my R10 back last thursday from BSA I emailed them about a few things and had a phone call from John Bowkett confirming that he had blueprinted it and telling me what pellets he had used, Si where can I get a Twink silencer from as I have a bsa vc on at the moment and its not very quiet, also who would I contact about a port plug, mines in .177 flavour I hope you enjoy your R10 because I'm really starting to like mine atb nasher

si

looking good buddy that r10 of yours looks like a right killer now matey one more sleep left and my new gun will be here lol

and si give me a ring if you get chance buddy :thumbs:

and i bet you wont put that knife down matey they are very good knives i have one scubba made me and i still aint had to sharpen it yet :thumbs: all i need now for my new gun is a QD stud that replaces the stock screw so i can fit my bipod :thumbs:

shay

Edited by venomviper

Cheers all for the nice comments :thumbs: ,

Bill your a cheeky monkey :tongue2:

Nasher try here mate

http://www.amcustomgunsmiths.com/

Just happens that the camp im now at in Bicester is full of bunnies :victory:

Guess whos going out later in the week filming with the HW97KT??? :whistling:

Si

Edited by zini

The R10 is a beautiful piece of gear anyway zini, but yours is on another level now! Looks great. Mine is about to go back to BSA for the second time, and once it's back, I'll be giving it the custom treatment!

All the best for the new DVD too!