best run /kennel size

just now i have 2 runs for the dogs both runs are around 3metres by 2.5 metres one has 2 terriers and a lurcher the other has 1 lurcher .What i was looking to do is knock it all down and build three new kennel/runs so as the terriers are in run of there own i was thinking about buying the galv run panels and was hoping for a bit of advice

first where the cheapest place to buy the panels [preferably mesh ones ]

secondly what would you say the best size of run for a lurcher is ,i was thinking of making them 1metre wide by 2 metres long ,any opinions or photos of your set up would be great thanks zap :signthankspin:

Hi I keep 4 dogs 2 lurcher and 2 jacks, There is one lurcher in one kennal each and the two jacks in the other, I find that four feet wide and 12 feet deep is a good size, Had smaller ones before It seem the dogs could not turn round very well There again it all depends on what room you have good luck

just now i have 2 runs for the dogs both runs are around 3metres by 2.5 metres one has 2 terriers and a lurcher the other has 1 lurcher .What i was looking to do is knock it all down and build three new kennel/runs so as the terriers are in run of there own i was thinking about buying the galv run panels and was hoping for a bit of advice

first where the cheapest place to buy the panels [preferably mesh ones ]

secondly what would you say the best size of run for a lurcher is ,i was thinking of making them 1metre wide by 2 metres long ,any opinions or photos of your set up would be great thanks zap :signthankspin:

1m X 2m is too small, my springer is in a run 4m X 8m on his own. I built it out of 2" X 2" treated timber as a frame with 6`X 3` galve 4" X 2" mesh panels attached to that. Left a 2" gap at floor level all the way around. 3/4 of the run is roofed with a slight pitch to run rain water into his water bowl with an outlet into our drains.

His breeze block kennel is off the run at one short end and lined with timber, a sliding access door at the other. The mesh panel I bought from an agricultural merchants and the timber from a builders merchants. Other bits and pieces I try to collect at machinery sales etc. I don't think the whole job cost me £600 and that included the concrete floor. All metal was galved, I only want the one crack at it..........Al :thumbs-up:

here's my set up zap,each run is 1m wide by 2m long,and the sleeping bit is 1m wide by 800mm deep and these are easily big enough.i dont need bigger, the dogs are out morning and night and hardly spend anytime in the run,they either sleep in the bed or on top of it. :yes:

Guest Jane Russell

I suppose one bedroom houses are adequate if the whole family piles into one bed like they used to in the good old days. I just think it's better to give everyone, including the dogs, a bit more room :)

Jane

no messin that was exactly what i was thinking ,thanks for all the replys still need to think alittle about this but if anyone knows of a cheap outlet for the galvinized mesh panels or could stick a pic up of there run just to give me somemore ideas that would be great thanks again

these are my kennels,firstly the shed is 20ft long and 6ft deep, the bed boxes for the lurchers are 3ft x 3ft theboxes for the whippet and terriers are 3ft x 2ft all boxes are 28inch high,the runs are 3ft x9ft and i find them big enough, mine are also out either end of the day and sleep all the time, the runs have a galvanised roof and plastic sheeting on the outsides of the mesh as my backs catch a lot of wind,theres 6 runs in total but one is full of firewood and theres an extra bed box in it so as you can see the terrier bitch the choice of 2 beds and she prefers to sit on top, the floor is longer than the runs and as a fall of about 2inch to the drain at one end.

dscf0048qn8.jpg

dscf0049fx7.jpg

dscf0050qo3.jpg

dscf0051ig1.jpg

dscf0052av1.jpg

dscf0053zq7.jpg