daytime dogs

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"What's easier for a dog; Hare or Roe" ? Bit of a daft question in my oppinion. I've seen hares taken out of their seat by dogs that couldn't catch a hare given fair law...also seen roe bounce of fenc

You want to get a better dog then................................. If the dog isn't actively trying to kill it he ain't gonna be HOLDING for very long. I have seen dogs kill all species of deer up to

hare,iv had dogs that would not stand a chance on a good hare,but deer were readily taken,jmo

I'm supprised there are any roe left in this country...... they are so easy to catch; and everyones dogs do them with ease !! :whistling:

Cheers.

some dogs excell at at one or the other,and a few at both.in MY lenghthy experience ive found the dog that excells on both mostly caught roe quicker.thats my take on it :thumbs: a hard pressured hare does not usually make the same mistakes as a roe ;)

Guest joe ox

I bet MOST on here who have posted havnt even killed into 3 figures deer wise.

yes.gif im 3 figures away from catching 3 figurers doh.gif

Do you mean to say your 3 away from getting to over 100? biggrin.gif

"What's easier for a dog; Hare or Roe" ? Bit of a daft question in my oppinion. I've seen hares taken out of their seat by dogs that couldn't catch a hare given fair law...also seen roe bounce of fences and taken by curs that shouldn't be in the same field ! Either animal, given fair law, daytime, is more than a match for all but the best dogs !

Cheers.

• Like 2

Thanks watchman, its just peoples opinions and in my house even my son doesnt agree with me on certain hunting topics.

Regards

Keith

I know a guy that will shoot a Badger with a .22 rim fire but says catching Deer with a dog is a disgusting act! Surely a life is a life and worth the same irrespective of size or looks? Is it ok for a Rabbit to suffer for 2 mins while a dog runs around a field with it in its mouth? Surely its ok for a deer to suffer for 2 mins also then while a dog holds it waiting for owner to arrive? Mammals are Mammals, a life is a life. You may have no time for people who take Deer with dogs, I have no time for people who cant think outside of the box. Kyle.

:thumbs:

"What's easier for a dog; Hare or Roe" ? Bit of a daft question in my oppinion. I've seen hares taken out of their seat by dogs that couldn't catch a hare given fair law...also seen roe bounce of fences and taken by curs that shouldn't be in the same field ! Either animal, given fair law, daytime, is more than a match for all but the best dogs !

Cheers.

:yes: agreed ;)

well since there is alot of people that have done pre ban hares and deer why do they sometimes scream when caught and other times they dont thats deer?just herd people saying when it was preban thats what happened

theres fallow deer in my area and i was told that its the mature follow stag that very very rarely screams out when caught, were as the females and young males do call out. pre ban

Killing Deer with dogs isnt right !!!!!!

The dogs don't kill the Deer. They catch and hold them. Sounds like you know an awful lot about it though!!!

its right to course hare but not deer i disagree there both meet as long as you eat it ii dont see the problem killing them and leaving them in a dyke is wrong :thumbs: