Full of the joys.

A Yellowhamer sings its well known song in a hedge near by, an unknown warbler hops through the nettles to my left, collecting insects to feed its chicks, a Chaffinch sings his territorial song in a half grown tree a little way up the hedge, a distant Wood Pigeon is cooing, the shreaks of a pair Blackbird's and the cackle of a not so distant Magpie tell me that not all is well at the Blackbird's nest, that had four chicks in it when I peered into it on my way to the rabbit warren I had chosen to reduce numbers from. And while I was soaking up the local birdsong of the countryside, I WHACKED! these :D

DSC00554.jpg

atb

stealthy.

• Like 3

Nice stealthy buddy,

You should write for country life with passages like that.

Spot on mate I enjoyed it as I was here laying in bed with the window open also listening to a very brave pair of magpies while typing on the iPhone.

Well done on the bunnies too mate.

The first shot was what Tennis players call a ace.

Si

isnt it the way of the true hunter to be a part of nature? i know you were writing tongue in cheek but i know myself and im betting more than a few blokes on here have just sat and breathed in the beauty of nature. sat behind a wall or propped up by a tree and just listening and watching how busy even the quietest moment is.

We all lead busy lives with the usual money worries and the wrangles of personal relationships, sometimes just sometimes we need to sit and let the true beauty of our surroundings wash over us it heals the soul brother it definately heals the soul. :thumbs:

Regards

Keith

Hiya Stealthy.

Excellent shooting mate, nice bag :thumbs:

Aghh... the sight's, smell's, and sound's of nature are indeed a joy to behold.

The unmistkable, hollow, clapping sound of cow chit hitting the deck.

Haunting drift's of steam, generated from gallon's of warm cow piss hitting the frost covered grass.

The unmistakble smell of pig chit, as it caresses the notrils when whafting through the air.

The straining scream of a tractor reving its gut's out.

OHHH yes mate......I feel it too. :yes:

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Lads

I've been reading these posts, some even brought a tear to my eye. Very poetic.

They reminded me off this old hunting poem

There was a young man from Bude,

who went off to shoot in the nude.

A rabbit at the front, shouted "You look a c**t"

So he went straight back home in a mood.

Cheers Carl

Edited by gringo40

i know exactly what you mean about the joys of spring. when your sitting still in camo for long periods of time its amazing how close things get to you. a blackbird with a beak full of brandlings, SITTING ON MY BARREL!!! a beauitful jay hopping around no more than 5 yrds away from me, i really do love these birds and they do more good than damage.