fresh water eels.

i always start off usein worm and then when i get afew small eels that take the hooks right down i take there heads off and use them as bait an when your rod gose you no you got a good 1 on the end of it 1 time i had this on a eel headpost-37066-127343626862_thumb.jpg atb w p

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always start off usein worm and then when i get afew small eels that take the hooks right down i take there heads off and use them as bait an when your rod gose you no you got a good 1 on the end of it 1 time i had this on a eel headpost-37066-127343626862_thumb.jpg atb w p

what weight is the chub? ive had some stonkers while eel fishing,up to 7lb.nice fish but a pain in the arse when your targeting other species.

i fish the river for salmon and sea trout an i get pestered with eels i wouldn even touch the fuc*ers i just beat the hook out

of them with a big stone

:o why beat the hook out with them with a big stone? :no: . quite often when ive seen a course/pleasure fisherman hook an eel they just cut the hook lengh leaving the eel to dispose of the hook,this often happens to pike too.we had a spate of pike being killed by the pole fisherman brigade which soon stopped when i informed a few locals that should i see another pike on the bank dead,im going to do the same with their carp which average the 18-25lb range.needless to say ive not seen a dead pike for along time 8)

there was a realy good thread on here about 12 months ago about big eels about 6 pages long with some top info on it , and the newspaper is a god send when eel fishing put them straight on to news paper and they dont even riggle ,so you can handle them and return them safly . :thumbs:

here you go lads http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=102884

Edited by dog fox

there was a realy good thread on here about 12 months ago about big eels about 6 pages long with some top info on it , and the newspaper is a god send when eel fishing put them straight on to news paper and they dont even riggle ,so you can handle them and return them safly . :thumbs:

here you go lads http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=102884

:whistling:

A lad caught an 8 an half pounder wile deadbaiting for pike on the local canal nr me and the papers said this eel had managed to survive [bANNED TEXT] the canal was polluted.The deadbaite was a trout by all acounts.atb dell

A lad caught an 8 an half pounder wile deadbaiting for pike on the local canal nr me and the papers said this eel had managed to survive [bANNED TEXT] the canal was polluted.The deadbaite was a trout by all acounts.atb dell

8lb :icon_eek: thats some fish.lucky to get one 1/2 that weight!

8lb icon_eek.gif thats some fish.lucky to get one 1/2 that weight!

I just hope the eastern europeans dont manage to catch it as i doubt it will be returned.On another note the E.A have released 50.000 elvers in some parts of s.yorksthumbs.gif

nice brace there pal.did you use peeled prawn or in shell? i will try this when the rivers eventually bloody open :wallbash:

They where raw shelled king prawns from Morrison's, quite big too - about the size of a gudgeon. I just bent them straight and threaded the head end round a size 4 hook. I had more luck on them than with the roach head / tail sections. I'm waiting for river season to start too!