best small lurcher

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 beddy crosses 3rd night on the lamp  like any cross right breeding you won't go long with any cross 

your better with a small lurcher mate. straight whippets are good little dogs but if your gonna give it plenty of all round work your better to get a terrier cross whippet   Ozzy wheaten /whippet a

3/4 Whippet 1/4 Beddy...............

Posted Images

get whippet will do all things a little lurcher will and do it better

your better with a small lurcher mate. straight whippets are good little dogs but if your gonna give it plenty of all round work your better to get a terrier cross whippet

Ozzy wheaten /whippet a first cross not as fast as the three quarter but handy allround rabbiting dog and never a sick day in his life

post-2078-127271640581_thumb.jpg

post-2078-127271644493_thumb.jpg

Totally agree with Cleanspade,Pure Whippets weak feet, thin skin, less stamina and nowhere near as robust as terrier x.

pipa that dog is smart as f**k hav u done much with it and do ya show it atb Top Lamper

i work her all time mate along side my terrier, great combo! shes won a few shows too, i showed her at SELBY GAME SHOW this year, she won 21" under, best beddy x, im off to PICKERING SHOW this sunday with her to try my luck! ha!

Guest michael.hudson7

It is easy to see and tell that you are all fans of the beddy cros and i do have to say rightly so they are the bussiness,however my ousin has got a whippet almost pure with a dash of stafford and i have never seen such a keen rabbiting dog bushing, ferreting yet to be proven on the lamp but i have no wories that she we will do te business. amazingly keen and a nose that will sniff a rabbit out in any cover.

i've read all the comments been mega helpful as i'm also looking to get a smallish dog next couple of months got 11 mnth jack russel looking for all round dog ferreting, lamping + general mooching must fit in with family too thinking whippet/beddie maybe a dash of greyhound too.

• 8 years later...

Just get a pup from two good working little lurchers. I was going down the beddy cross route I would def want some greyhound in there to give it some length of back. Although beddy cross wouldn't be my choice.  Don't get too hung up on size.

don’t restrict your self man to much of a gamble with bedlington x whippets with the amount of shit being bred for money a work bred whippet would do a better job than a bedlington x whippet but if your hearts set on a beddo whippet look at something on the lines of bedlington x none ped they produce dogs with more than one gear 

• Like 2