bull crosses

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i also don't think much to bull xs especially one that throw to the bull side i have seen a few descent but apart from fox what else are they good for not much in my opinion as a single handed huntin

well lets be honest a good bull x wont drop a fox when taking a bite they heel faster they try harder and a lot of lads like a bait up wich most bull x's would be happy to take part in true bull x men

if you want to kill a few fox a night then the the bull x is sound i see bull x's that do bunny's but what i'm saying is if you was hunting say first light for food so running the odd bunny hare and d

Posted Images

i also don't think much to bull xs especially one that throw to the bull side i have seen a few descent but apart from fox what else are they good for not much in my opinion as a single handed hunting dog there are better breed's but i only bother with fox when i cvome across them thre's more to hunting then killing fox just ask your self this if you and your family was starving you had no electric for a lamp so could only walk during the day what breed x would you want to put food on the table bull x would be my last option just my opinion

When is anyone ever going to be that desperate in this day an age to depend on the dog to provide food? If i was that hungry i'd go and fill a trolley up in tesco and leave ...

Fact of the matter is a good bull has more drive and tenicaty than a good dog of any other breed. Fact. That is why they are bred to into lurchers. You chase rabbits, some people chase foxes, SO THEY GET A DOG FOR THE JOB. Would you give your collie x 10 foxes a week, week in week out?

if i had one i would have to buy some nice white addidas trainers and some top notch tacchini tracky top , isnt that what bullx's all about?

you already got em, what you on about

how dare you , i would never wear addidas , everyone knows im a 'nike classic 'kinda guy :D

not believe everything ya read on here,there are bull xs out there capable of catching most things.here's two of mine retrieving RABBITS, yes rabbits bull xs can catch them :D ,the black one is a half x to :doh:

they cant be bullx hbg they are retrieving live rabbits acorrding to bullx law they are all hard mouthed brainless brutes :thumbs:

No mate thats the owners your on about :tongue2::tongue2:

i also don't think much to bull xs especially one that throw to the bull side i have seen a few descent but apart from fox what else are they good for not much in my opinion as a single handed hunting dog there are better breed's but i only bother with fox when i cvome across them thre's more to hunting then killing fox just ask your self this if you and your family was starving you had no electric for a lamp so could only walk during the day what breed x would you want to put food on the table bull x would be my last option just my opinion

When is anyone ever going to be that desperate in this day an age to depend on the dog to provide food? If i was that hungry i'd go and fill a trolley up in tesco and leave ...

Fact of the matter is a good bull has more drive and tenicaty than a good dog of any other breed. Fact. That is why they are bred to into lurchers. You chase rabbits, some people chase foxes, SO THEY GET A DOG FOR THE JOB. Would you give your collie x 10 foxes a week, week in week out?

Dont know of anyone who gave their dog 10 per week week in week out...wonder there's any left....Oh and its not Fact it's opinion....big difference! 8):bye:

Guest dances

cheers for the replys lads not trying to start an argument and im sorry if it seem like i am,, i understand that they have more strength and properbly more drive but but i keep thinking to myself that unless youve got good fox ground then why have one ? they will over-kill rabbits especially if they are ran on fox aswell because this will make them hard mouthed will it not ?

And obviously taking fox is banned so why have a dog that is specifically bred to take them? its not like you can eat them but then again they do have to be controlled . surely a good dog with out bull in it could take fox if you came across them every now and then ?

i have nothing against taking fox and cant knock [NO TEXT TALK] does , i know the lads i go out with would do it ,, but theres non round here.

theres hundred of bullxs that ake rabbit easy enough, if they are over kill for bunnys why have a big deerhound cross for them like people do.

i think you are wrong pal...i know several bull crosses that would pull the pants off most breeds there is good and bad in all crosses.

i know you wrong,there are more bad than good and the good aint that good

well it clearly is becaus ei think the bullx is about the only breed that will do all 5 quarry

i think you are wrong pal...i know several bull crosses that would pull the pants off most breeds there is good and bad in all crosses.

i know you wrong,there are more bad than good and the good aint that good

you cant have seen many then

Fact of the matter is a good bull has more drive and tenicaty than a good dog of any other breed. Fact. That is why they are bred to into lurchers. You chase rabbits, some people chase foxes, SO THEY GET A DOG FOR THE JOB. Would you give your collie x 10 foxes a week, week i

no there not but if they was a bull x would not be the dog of choice like i've said to a digging man / lamper there maybe are great but if you want to catch day and night all rabbit,hare,deer and fox when you come across them not flying about throwing them out of vehicles thats what i've done when ive been lamping and doin a few foxa night and proberbly the only way you could kill ten a week to walk with one bull x and kill ten a week would be a tall order especially if there not urban fox not every night a week is right for lamping fox pluss what about abceses and swelling face and mouth ive killed fox with bull x's and seen what a good night foxing takes out of a dog

and i dont run collie crosses but have and they are good dog's your talking about myth's about them doin bunny's and not been hard bitten the biggest myth of all is that you need a bull x to kill fox i've seen a pure greyhound kill a fox before before the bull x's even got there and they want far behind as i look at it to kill all there are better than bull x's

• Like 1
Guest fence_hopper

Fact of the matter is a good bull has more drive and tenicaty than a good dog of any other breed. Fact. That is why they are bred to into lurchers. You chase rabbits, some people chase foxes, SO THEY GET A DOG FOR THE JOB. Would you give your collie x 10 foxes a week, week i

no there not but if they was a bull x would not be the dog of choice like i've said to a digging man / lamper there maybe are great but if you want to catch day and night all rabbit,hare,deer and fox when you come across them not flying about throwing them out of vehicles thats what i've done when ive been lamping and doin a few foxa night and proberbly the only way you could kill ten a week to walk with one bull x and kill ten a week would be a tall order especially if there not urban fox not every night a week is right for lamping fox pluss what about abceses and swelling face and mouth ive killed fox with bull x's and seen what a good night foxing takes out of a dog

and i dont run collie crosses but have and they are good dog's your talking about myth's about them doin bunny's and not been hard bitten the biggest myth of all is that you need a bull x to kill fox i've seen a pure greyhound kill a fox before before the bull x's even got there and they want far behind as i look at it to kill all there are better than bull x's

one like this you mean mate, a good greyhound is hard to beat imo but there few and far between coz they dont get the chance.

012.jpg

Edited by fence_hopper

horses for courses and all that, :whistling:

exactly pal, horses for courses.

i cant see any other breed of lurcher other than maybe a half wheaten, doing the job like a bull cross. i dont own one, but traditional lurchers wont hack the job of a proper bull cross. and if you think they can, you obviously have no idea how real bull crosses are worked and tested

Everytime this thread is brought up it makes me laugh! At the end of the day you either love the bullx, hate them or no f..k all about them and think you hate them! To many people throwing wild statements on what they can or cant do who know f..k all about them! They are a popular breed of lurcher and getting more popular for only one reason! There good...