Collie x Greyhound

Hi All

Going to Hancocks at the weekend to pick a pup up :D

Now I know you all have your opinions of him but Ive decided on one for myself.

The problem Ive got is Im going for a Half cross but do I want Border or Bearded :drink:

Can anyone show me some pics of these in adult form or give me some advise so i can have a look.

According to Hancock Theres no difference in either work wise, the only difference is Bearded can be a couple of inch taller and a little more head strong.

Hi All

The problem Ive got is Im going for a Half cross but do I want Border or Bearded :drink:

Can anyone show me some pics of these in adult form or give me some advise so i can have a look.

According to Hancock Theres no difference in either work wise, the only difference is Bearded can be a couple of inch taller and a little more head strong.

Pidge ,years ago Trill and I went up to hancocks and i bought a3/4 greyxborder,he turned out to be a very good dog ,soft mouthed ,would take all quarry and I used him to the gun as well,in later years MY mate bred his Bitch a 1/8 beardie/ 1/8 border xgreythis litter was very fast ,with fair noses and a lot of drive ,I won doubled uo coursing stakes with mine ,and my mate who bred the litter did the same,for myself ,Id go for the 3/4 g x 1/4 border,I think they are more biddable,I dont know how many dogs youve had ,but if you are relatively new to the game ,that would be my choice,any way best of luck however you decide,if you put the work in to them they make great dogs for a bit of every thing,I dont like the term all rounder,as to me that means a dog that is tops at everything,coursing ,foxing ,lamping,and ferreting ,but if you persevere ,you will have a dog that will make a decent job of most types of dog work.

Hi All

where are you i know of some genuine first cross collie greys in south wales ... i can ask the lad if he has any left .........

Hi All

where are you i know of some genuine first cross collie greys in south wales ... i can ask the lad if he has any left .........

I Live in Derby but would travel for the right pup and price

GOT TO BE 3/4 IN MHO! ;)

Im running a 3/4greyx collie and i can tell you that given the right upbringing you wont be disappointed. Brains,speed,strength as well as being a tryer.he takes large & small. Only one down side,staminer isnt that of a suluki x. That said they will take Hares (not that you would of course :) )

Ive found the first cross to be a bit heavy set

Hi All

I Live in Derby but would travel for the right pup and price

hi i got a first cross beardie geryhound from hancocks

iam happy with him hes about 24" tall

all the best foxman

alreight pidge have a think about what you are doing ive never had a hankcock but ive talk to people who have and he dosent seem to get very good reports theirs plenty of people on this site who have or know sombody who will have your perfect dog for your needs.. the way peolpe talk about hankcock dogs if uyou would have bought one ten years ago you would have got a decent dog but now its albout the money. ands when people breed for money they dont give a fu** about how the dogs going to turn out .i could go on for ever but i think you get my point .. all the best pal and choose wisely you are going to have a long time..