tried and tested

how much does a dog have to do to be classed as tried and tested?

would you judge a dog buy what it has caught or by the amount of saesons it has under its belt when you say its tried and tested. some dogs catch more in a couple of seasons than other dogs catch in 3 or 4,

so where is the line drawn between tried and tested and not tried and tested?

Edited by Trigger

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SAS get plenty of action before they're even considered or have you got mates that went straight in from leaving school? Y.I.S Leeview

got to be single handed. it dont mean anything otherwise.

lol how olds your bitch again??? how many litters as she had??

Depends what the dog was intended for, you could have a man with a ferreting dog , which would be tested all its own game, rabbits,, while a fella with a big houndy dog, would have different intentions for his, and both would to tested at their chosen game,,,

notr withstanding the first couple of seasons whilst learning, a tried and tested dog in my opinion should have at least 5-6 years on its back, doing what is expected from it on a regular basis, whether that be ferreting, lamping or single handed work....... - have only ever seen one bitch that did 'everything'and has been properly tried tested on everything.....and does it regularly. Needless to say..... it is not mine unfortunatley!!!

notr withstanding the first couple of seasons whilst learning, a tried and tested dog in my opinion should have at least 5-6 years on its back, doing what is expected from it on a regular basis, whether that be ferreting, lamping or single handed work....... - have only ever seen one bitch that did 'everything'and has been properly tried tested on everything.....and does it regularly. Needless to say..... it is not mine unfortunatley!!!

Sums it up nicely :thumbs: especially the bit about still learning first couple of seasons

Y.I.S Leeview