Nice afternoon

Hiya guy's.

Went for a mooch this aftrnoon.

The field I was shooting in, is in a large hollow with some quite steep bank's.

Good fun to approach, because I can crawl up to the wire fence and look down below into the hollow.

Wind was at my back,blowing my scent straight at the target area, so I made my way to the other end of the field, and settled down.

The sun was out, and nice and warm on my back.

For the first TWO hour's it was dead.....could have been due to the three Buzzards I was sharing my shoot with :D

It was nice to watch them flying from tree to tree in search of their prey.

A few Magpies were hassling the Buzzards as they landed, what a row they kick up!!

First bunny popped out at the other end of the field, only a kit, lazed at 67yds, so he was safe :D

I could hear a tractor in the distance in one of the other fields, and thought to myself, hope he stay's over there.

Thing's were looking up, bunny popped out of the bushes at 37yds, he did not pop back in again, one down. :thumbs:

That tractor was getting closer, and louder, I rasied myself up on my hand's and looked over the stubble to see it was heading my way :wallbash: and just as thing's were staring to move, ohh well, Im a guest, and he has a job to do.

So I moved position, walked to the other end of the field again, and this time crept up the bank and peered over the top, in the far distance I could see two adult bunnies munching away.

Because of the layout, there was no way I could get to them without being seen, so I skirted the edge of the field, they were not too bothered at first, I was moving slowly and had the rifle at my side.

Eventualy they thought better of hanging about, and calmly dissapeard out of sight.

I thought good, now I can make my way across to where they were.

Lot's of large Mole hill's in the field, so I picked a big one and laid behind it.

I lazed on a fence post where they went in and it read 33yds PERFICK.

The Tractor had now moved to another field and was creating less noise :thumbs:

Did'nt have to wait long, about 20 minutes passed and a bunny jumped through the fence and started to feed, I waited for him to settle, and to see if he had a friend or two, I wasnt in a hurry to take the shot, and was enjoying wathching him through the scope.

He started to move away from my position, so I had to make the shot after all.

Number two down and out :boxing:

Only out for a few hour's, but thougherly enjoyed the afternoon.

The underground Mutton is now in the freezer, will post pic's tomorrow.

Cheer's me dear's.

Bill. :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bill

Sounds like you had a good day out mate. Good result, I'll check out your photo's tomorrow.

I thought the tractor was going to spoil your day, Last weekend my mate was hiding under a hedge when a tractor came into the next field and covered him in crop spray. Did make me laugh

Cheers Carl

Brilliant write up Bill :clapper:

Thoroughly enjoyed that :yes:

Warm sunshine on your back? Where ya shooting the Sahara?

I've been stuck in the house all day and night and am quite Jealous now :yes:

Still I hope to be out tomorrow, while the wife looks after the grandaughter :thumbs:

Look forward to the Pix Bill

Take care

Phantom

Hi Bill

Sounds like you had a good day out mate. Good result, I'll check out your photo's tomorrow.

I thought the tractor was going to spoil your day, Last weekend my mate was hiding under a hedge when a tractor came into the next field and covered him in crop spray. Did make me laugh

Cheers Carl

Hi Carl.

Yes it was a good day mate, thank you :thumbs:

Good job it was only crop spray that got your mate :icon_eek: .....or youd have pizzed yourself :D

ATB.

Bill.

Brilliant write up Bill :clapper:

Thoroughly enjoyed that :yes:

Warm sunshine on your back? Where ya shooting the Sahara?

I've been stuck in the house all day and night and am quite Jealous now :yes:

Still I hope to be out tomorrow, while the wife looks after the grandaughter :thumbs:

Look forward to the Pix Bill

Take care

Phantom

Hi Tony.

Cheer's buddy, glad you enjoyed it :thumbs:

Good luck for tomorrow mate, hope you bag em up big time :yes:

Im in work tomorrow, so Ill be jelous too :D

Have a great day :thumbs:

Bill :)