Tactical Voting

Does anyone here plan to vote tactically at the election?

Is your current MP an anti?

Is there a candidate that has a chance of beating the current MP (no matter what party they are standing for).

While hell would need to freeze over before I'd ever vote Labour; I think that if I was living in a constituency where the sitting Conservative MP was an anti, I'd have to think about it carefully....

This is the most interesting election for sixty years. Now is the chance to use the tiny amount of power given to us as our constitutional right.

Will you use the power to have your say?

I hope so.

People died to get us, the common man or woman the vote. Please, please use it wisely.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A hung Parliament is one where neither main party has an overall majority, and a third party holds the balance of power. In practice that would mean Labour backed up by the Lib Dems.   Not to be con

Posted Images

Labour & Tories have both had years in government to make this country a good place to live,neither ever have because they dont want to,they just control their commodity in slightly different ways,what commodity? US the people,the ones who go out to work and the same ones these c**ts feed off.

Guest eastmids

I'm far from stupid ..some will say thats a lie ...how can there be tactical voting when only 2 parties can realistically get in ..

i agree vote for any of the smaller parties and it plays into labours hands,i couldnt bare them in for another 4 years

This is a subject I am very passionate about.

Matt is right. Many died for us to have the privilige of voting. So it should be used. Not voting is apathy at its worse.

As for tactical voting? It only works in certain seats.

E.G.Labour have a huge majority in one seat and you want them out then you have to vote for the nearest competitor. To achieve it.

If they have a morginal majority then yoyu have the luxuryt of voting for a more radical option.

It doesn't work unless there is a massive consensus of opinion towards policy.

You should always vote for what you truely believe and what you think is for the greater good.

My major bone of contention with all politics at the moment is europe and how we are being governed by brussels.

UKIP is the only option in that direction for me. Are they good party in other aspects? Doubtful. But lets get out of europe first and then we can sort out own problems

without foreign intervention. Oh and my MP better had be pro hunting!

I know that my present MP Mr Phill "No" Hope. of expenses scandal fame is very much an anti! So he wont be welcome canvassing my door/village.

Rgds

swampy

ninging for change

post-29203-127114808124.jpg

I'm far from stupid ..some will say thats a lie ...how can there be tactical voting when only 2 parties can realistically get in ..

i agree vote for any of the smaller parties and it plays into labours hands,i couldnt bare them in for another 4 years

Rubbish tbh. As Swampy said it depends on the seat. My town is a long-time Labour stronghold, they've never failed to win the seat since well before I was born. They were forced to share with the Lib Dems last time round though, and were given a bit of a bloody nose. Voting Lib Dem for us would be tactical, as it pushes Labour out of the seat and while the Lib Dems will not win the election (and I'm hoping the Tories do at any rate), voting Lib Dem is the only real way to push Labour off here. The Tories will come nowhere near in this town; never have. :big_boss:

I think that a vote for anything other than conservative is a gain for Labour(around here anyway). I plan on voting conservative this time then once the labour are out i will be voting the party that i think will have the only chance of stopping the eternal rot this country has set in. :icon_eek:

That's the plan......

I think Liberal are going to do a deal with Labour anyway so unless Conservative get a majority vote we'll end up with Brown again. That's worth thinking about when voting tactically.

I don't really follow politics.

I've heard the phrase "Hung parliment"

Could this happen and what does it mean please?

Absolutely! There is a real chance that there could be. The first time since Callaghan I believe.

It basically means that no party has a clear majority in parliament and that it is basically power sharing.

the incumbent PM will however remain. Which means that if we do have a hung parliament (God forbid) the we'll STILL have an unelected PM. A scottish one at that!

rgds

Swampy

swinging on the end of a rope ning

I don't really follow politics.

I've heard the phrase "Hung parliment"

Could this happen and what does it mean please?

A hung Parliament is one where neither main party has an overall majority, and a third party holds the balance of power. In practice that would mean Labour backed up by the Lib Dems.

Not to be confused with my favoured option, a hanged Parliament. In this case immediately after the election they are all strung up from lamp posts.

Ric

• Like 1