Papal visit

As a non-catholic I was lucky enough to vist Rome a couple of years ago and was lucky enough to secure an offer of a Papal audience which I attended with my wife who is Roman Catholic!

As a member of Church of Scotland (Protestant) I deemed the offer as a great honour and my wee mrs was over the moon As a non-catholic I took no part in any religous aspects of the audience

This visit should be seen mainly as a pastoral visit for the UK's practicsing Catholic congregations, should go ahead and be treated accordingly,

The paedophile priest issue raise's the question of the Pope's infallibilty! according to Catholic tradition the Pope cannot be wrong? in issues relating to the church? In the instances of these priests he was wrong? but thats another issue! Those priests should never have been given the anonimity and security offered by the present Pope when he was a Cardinal, they should have been identified to the prosecuting authoroties at the time and been severely punished by the criminal courts and to hell with the embarrassment percieved by the church

Tom

Good post Tom :thumbs:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i can understand peoples disgust at peodo prests, theres millions of priests in the world that do great work, tarnished by the scumy ones, i think the visit would mean alot to some folks (mostly oldie

I hope if he does come that the people show their disgust at what he and his followers have done. There is no excuse for the cover up,you cant preach to people about doing good and then abuse their c

People abuse their powers in all positions. Some are scout leaders, some care workers and some priests. I think it unlikely that this be confined to the catholic church, the C of E is much smaller so

Posted Images

Judge not lest ye be judge....Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.... the list is endless... if you believe in God then you will know that scum like this will be dealt with by the man upstairs himself .. atb stabba

Judge not lest ye be judge....Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.... the list is endless... if you believe in God then you will know that scum like this will be dealt with by the man upstairs himself .. atb stabba

Thats all well and good, what about the victims and their families who dont believe in that pish but want to see justice served.

Name and shame, then let the community sort them out is the best method IMO, offering anonymity and protection to scum like this is shamefull.

The whole Catholic faith is a sham, commit as much sin as you want, as long as you confess... what utter bollocks.

FTB

True.

ning

Thats all well and good, what about the victims and their families who dont believe in that pish but want to see justice served.

Name and shame, then let the community sort them out is the best method IMO, offering anonymity and protection to scum like this is shamefull.

The whole Catholic faith is a sham, commit as much sin as you want, as long as you confess... what utter bollocks.

FTB

Oooooooooh FTB.You're going straight to hell for that one!

Rgds

Swampy

kneelingning

That's the way it works. Go out and commit all the sins you want, call in and see a priest and three hail mary's and a blow job later your sins are forgiven.

And if your a priest yourself jobs a good'un :whistling:

FTB

Before you call any faith a sham.You should at least know its historythumbdown.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_VIII_of_England

Sorry if i offended you mate, but im more about the present than the past... and at present, the facts are glaringly obvious.

FTB

and I am sure that comments like

you will know that scum like this will be dealt with by the man upstairs himself
are a great comfort to the abused. :wallbash:

The catholic church has for decades (probably centuries) covered up abuse carried out by these so called men and women of god not just in Ireland, Malta, Germany, Canada, USA, in fact in most countries and here we have someone who could have shown the compassionate side of the church by standing up and admitting that this went on.

He could have apologised and done his utmost to try to help those who have been abused, but of course he didn't and hasn't.

He could have ensured these sick perverts were arrested and all evidence given to the police. Once again he didn't and hasn't.

By his own inaction and silence he is as guilty as the abusers who carried out these sick acts and when/if anyone is tried in a court he should stand alongside them, charged as an accessory to the crimes.

I am a catholic and fairly religeous in my own way and as with all things its all "do as I say and not as I do" with the organised church.

If they had any christian morals at all they would have thrown the whole thing open for all the world to see and let those responsible pay the price.

But no, its all about keeping face, same as all those twats who sit in church twice a week and think putting a tenner on the collection plate makes you a good christian......same people who probably wouldnt help you if you were laying in the street.

Being Christian and the organised church have f**k all to do with one and other, one is a set of pricipals to live your life by and the other is just another money making club!

If the pope had any morals at all he would step down and let the police have free access to everything until all the filthy lot have been locked up and the whole house cleaned.

I am a catholic and fairly religeous in my own way and as with all things its all "do as I say and not as I do" with the organised church.

If they had any christian morals at all they would have thrown the whole thing open for all the world to see and let those responsible pay the price.

But no, its all about keeping face, same as all those twats who sit in church twice a week and think putting a tenner on the collection plate makes you a good christian......same people who probably wouldnt help you if you were laying in the street.

Being Christian and the organised church have f**k all to do with one and other, one is a set of pricipals to live your life by and the other is just another money making club!

If the pope had any morals at all he would step down and let the police have free access to everything until all the filthy lot have been locked up and the whole house cleaned.

Strong word WILF but true.So lets lead by example Ask the government to apologise for all the atrocities they have done over the years in countries all over the worldthumbs.gif

• Like 1

Strong word WILF but true.So lets lead by example Ask the government to apologise for all the atrocities they have done over the years in countries all over the worldthumbs.gif

Behave yourself!

How much has the priest paid you?

Thread isn't about anyone or anything other than should the pope come to England, it's gone off track because he's been sussed covering up for blokes who bugger children.

Nothing to do with trading atrocities, you've got no chance of deflecting the hatred and villification that is owed to those who knew and did nothing.

Dodgy, dirty, child molesting b.astards, and all the time they had the protection of the so called infallible God on earth.

What a load of shit.

You just wait until the full scale of the abuse is known ................. I'd guess this is only the start.

Behave yourself!

Thread isn't about anyone or anything other than should the pope come to England, it's gone off track because he's been sussed covering up for blokes who bugger children.

Nothing to do with trading atrocities, you've got no chance of deflecting the hatred and villification that is owed to those who knew and did nothing.

Dodgy, dirty, child molesting b.astards, and all the time they had the protection of the so called infallible God on earth.

What a load of shit.

You just wait until the full scale of the abuse is known ................. I'd guess this is only the start.

Too right.

(joke btw)

FTB

Edited by FightTheBan

Behave yourself!

What a load of shit.

(j

Edited by jimmy