Papal visit

This has nothing to do with hunting but it strikes me as worth discussion amongst ourselves. We cover a pretty wide range of opinion on a variety of subjects. Given the extent of the controversy within the Catholic Church about paedophiliac behaviout by priests, should the Papal visit to the UK be cancelled, or deferred?

I do NOT want to start a name calling contest. If you respond, please keep it civil.

My own view is that the visit should go ahead as planned, but there is increasing pressure to cancel it.

Ric

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i can understand peoples disgust at peodo prests, theres millions of priests in the world that do great work, tarnished by the scumy ones, i think the visit would mean alot to some folks (mostly oldie

I hope if he does come that the people show their disgust at what he and his followers have done. There is no excuse for the cover up,you cant preach to people about doing good and then abuse their c

People abuse their powers in all positions. Some are scout leaders, some care workers and some priests. I think it unlikely that this be confined to the catholic church, the C of E is much smaller so

Posted Images

This has nothing to do with hunting but it strikes me as worth discussion amongst ourselves. We cover a pretty wide range of opinion on a variety of subjects. Given the extent of the controversy within the Catholic Church about paedophiliac behaviout by priests, should the Papal visit to the UK be cancelled, or deferred?

I do NOT want to start a name calling contest. If you respond, please keep it civil.

My own view is that the visit should go ahead as planned, but there is increasing pressure to cancel it.

Ric

Cancel it he took part in the cover up and is as guilty as the perverts who commited the acts

Hope he dont last time I had to park my car off the street during his visit to Heaton Park for security reasons. I lived 6 miles away in a cul de sac ffs :thumbdown:plus theyre all bummers :thumbs:

Edited by rob.i

I'm an atheist so the visit has no religious significance to me, however from what I have read the Pope seems to be implicated by what he didn't do in his previous office.

Having said that I guess the Vatican would be admitting a degree of culpability if they cancelled the visit.

Mick.

i can understand peoples disgust at peodo prests, theres millions of priests in the world that do great work, tarnished by the scumy ones, i think the visit would mean alot to some folks (mostly oldies) so can't see the harm or reason to cancle

• Like 1

i can understand peoples disgust at peodo prests, theres millions of priests in the world that do great work, tarnished by the scumy ones, i think the visit would mean alot to some folks (mostly oldies) so can't see the harm or reason to cancle

Good response. Thank you

The man was part of a massive cover up of sexual abuse against children.

No matter what religion,colour or ethics,sexual abuse of children is wrong.

Anyone who is part of it,no matter how big or small their involvement is,to me,as bad as the abuser.

Ric

Hi bud increasing pressure by who.A few nut yobs who will have a go at anything because there lives are so boring they have f--k all else to do.The same pricks who got the hunting ban.These fools are only happy when they have something to shout about.After the visit they will go back to tree hugging.atb. Catcher

Let him come.

Make him pay for it himself though!

With a bit of luck one of the children his priests f.ucked will kill the twat.

The visit would be excellent for the childrens shoe industry in this country, did you see the photos in the Times this weekend of the hundreds of pairs of childrens shoes left outside churches in Ireland as a protest.

He knew what was going on, and he covered it up.

Rot in hell kiddy fiddling b.astards.

HANG THEM HIGH!

Let him come.

The visit would be excellent for the childrens shoe industry in this country, did you see the photos in the Times this weekend of the hundreds of pairs of childrens shoes left outside churches in Ireland as a protest.

HANG THEM HIGH!

PEPOLE who live in glass houses.Pedos come from all walks of live and some vicars

Let him come.

HANG THEM HIGH!

PEPOLE who live in glass houses.Pedos come from all walks of live and some vicars

And teachers and policemen and relatives and neighbours and popstars and dentists the list goes on and on and on. Sadly there seems to be pervs in all walks of life. It really is disgusting. I don't undestand why anoyone looks up to these religious figues of any kind. Like self-serving politcians- double standard dirty baskets, sponging of society whilst telling other peoploe how to live their lives.

Let him come.

HANG THEM HIGH!

I wouldn't dream of denying that.

No glass house here, I make collars not cover up the widespread abuse of children using guilt as a control.

Let him come.. But cancel all security arragements without telling him.. Lets see how he likes to be kept in the dark.. Do you think for 1 minute he,d have become pope if this was brought to light before his posting... i very much doubt it... atb stabba