differences in greyhounds

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not from me you wont, I think it was an excellent post to be quite honest.

Coursing greyhounds WERE slower a well known greyhound courser from these parts had succes in courseing with dogs that did not grade imho i dont think theirs that much difference alot went on training and conditioningthumbs.gif

Coursing greyhounds bred from proper coursing lines such as Hilltown etc , are usually alot heavier , up in the 80lb region sometimes , and their feet are more robust than finer bred track greyhounds .

You can see the difference a mile away in the shape, the racing ones are more tucked up and have a lot less stamina than the slower coursing bred ones. The Irish park coursing ones make ours look like whippets size wise

the coursing greyhound, was a stronger build, height ( dog 26" to 28" around 70 to 75lbs bitch was about 25"/27" 58lbs to 65lbs,

they had speed, for the slip, to get to the Hare, speed, stamina, to course for approximately, 1 and half minutes, a good meeting,the good dogs would run 2 courses, in the first day, and on the second day 1 or 2 courses, that would probably include the final,

the champion coursing dogs had more STAMINA, than your track, greyhound, and in my younger days, I saw some very good coursing greyhounds, it was a very popular sport, and well supported, a normal slip to the hare on a dry day, 100/ 120 yards, wet day 150 yards,

speed, stamina, and Balance, the same as a top race horse, the same as a top first class striker, in football, SPEED, BALANCE,AND STAMINA, AND AS DIFFICULT TO FIND,

the coursing greyhound, was a stronger build, height ( dog 26" to 28" around 70 to 75lbs bitch was about 25"/27" 58lbs to 65lbs,

they had speed, for the slip, to get to the Hare, speed, stamina, to course for approximately, 1 and half minutes, a good meeting,the good dogs would run 2 courses, in the first day, and on the second day 1 or 2 courses, that would probably include the final,

the champion coursing dogs had more STAMINA, than your track, greyhound, and in my younger days, I saw some very good coursing greyhounds, it was a very popular sport, and well supported, a normal slip to the hare on a dry day, 100/ 120 yards, wet day 150 yards,

speed, stamina, and Balance, the same as a top race horse, the same as a top first class striker, in football, SPEED, BALANCE,AND STAMINA, AND AS DIFFICULT TO FIND,

:thumbs: