RTA Would You Claim?

Off topic this but wondered if I could pick your brains.

The Mrs and I decided to spend easter with my brother and his family in Saltash, had a good nght Thursday and decided we'd all go to the Eden Project on Friday morning.

My Mrs was in the back seat and my nephew in the front passanger seat (with booster seat thank christ)coming down a slip road on to the A38 I saw a car in each lane of the dual carriage way so I stopped only to be rear ended by a 7.5T wagon.

Car fecked ('07 Honda Accord estate), C roof pillars bent, floor bent, rear doors wont open etc, Nephew has whiplash, Mrs hurt hip, neck and ankle, I butted the side window and have a bloody great egg on my head and whiplash, had to have neck x-rayed etc other than that we were very lucky we didnt get swiped by on coming traffic.

Impact was so big the bloody wagon severed it's air lines and had to be towed.

The Mrs is going on at me saying we should sue for personal injury, what would you guys and girls do?

Thanks for reading, :hmm:

Mick.

He rear ended you so he is 100% at fault. Wait for the insurance companies to deal with it. That's what you pay your premiums for! What you should also do is make clear to the Plod that you you want him done for dangerous driving. He must have been going like a bat out of hell. See a solicitor and keep your ammumition dry!

ATB to all

Ric

Off topic this but wondered if I could pick your brains.

The Mrs and I decided to spend easter with my brother and his family in Saltash, had a good nght Thursday and decided we'd all go to the Eden Project on Friday morning.

My Mrs was in the back seat and my nephew in the front passanger seat (with booster seat thank christ)coming down a slip road on to the A38 I saw a car in each lane of the dual carriage way so I stopped only to be rear ended by a 7.5T wagon.

Car fecked ('07 Honda Accord estate), C roof pillars bent, floor bent, rear doors wont open etc, Nephew has whiplash, Mrs hurt hip, neck and ankle, I butted the side window and have a bloody great egg on my head and whiplash, had to have neck x-rayed etc other than that we were very lucky we didnt get swiped by on coming traffic.

Impact was so big the bloody wagon severed it's air lines and had to be towed.

The Mrs is going on at me saying we should sue for personal injury, what would you guys and girls do?

Thanks for reading, :hmm:

Mick.

Mick,

It seems that you have more than reasonable grounds for a claim. The driver of the HGV was obviously not paying attention to what was happening, which is worrying considering he drives a vehicle 3 or 4 times heavier than you or I do.

There are quite a few that I know of, who just put in a claim regardless of whether they are injured or not, its the claim culture.

But on the face of it, you have a good cause to.

SS :thumbs:

May be some crossed lines here. You all have a rock solid claim for personal injury but the claim will be against his insurance company, not the driver himself. Get a solicitor on it, make sure all the medical records are kept and so on.

Ric

May be some crossed lines here. You all have a rock solid claim for personal injury but the claim will be against his insurance company, not the driver himself. Get a solicitor on it, make sure all the medical records are kept and so on.

Ric

Glad you cleared that up Ric :D

Aye, let the insurance company deal with the injuries and the police with the driver.

Course you claim,you may not feel the effects of the crash yet,but you will in later life...

Plus a pound to a penny if the shoe was on the other foot he'd be banging a nice claim into you...

Sad to say it's the way of the world now compensation,,,say a big thanks to the good old U S of A :thumbs:

Hope you are all feeling better first of all!

Damn right you should claim....no doubt you are paying for legal cover on your insurance anyway. You would need some medical evidence even if it is just a case that you phoned the doctor to enquire what painkillers to take.

Good luck.

If you use a claim handling firm, they'll know exactly what to claim for, you'll have a replacement car asap that will be charged to the wagon drivers insurance company, they will arrange all your P.I. claim, sort you appointments out with consultant etc.

You might have to sign a few forms along the way, but the end result will be a maximum pay out for your accident and injuries.

I hear Barbados is nice .......... :whistling:

You'll get a good pay out for those injuries mate.

I know it won't turn the clock back, but it won't half make up for it happening!

Thanks very much all :notworthy:

I don't like "claim culture" but my nephew is only 5 and the bloody wagon driver didn't even ask how he was!

As we were all genuinley hurt I think I'll take your advice and put a claim in.

Thanks again,

Mick.

Just had this myself, car wrote off, the truck drivers insurance wont pay you what your car is worth, so you will be out of pocket there, so to make up the difference you should claim, if you had hit him, he would claim on your insurance ;)