whirrier

IMG_0039.jpg

shes 18tts and suposedly(think i was lied to) a pure patt, would putting a whippet dog over her throw the pups the right way?!

shes a mustard little busher and ratter, and catches on the lamp (too big for earthwork, which is what i got her for) interested to hear peoples thoughts?

its only an idea because shes only 11months yet...plenty of time to decide!

Shes a good looking bitch, not ideal for earth work admittedly but sounds handy enough. Is that the pup i saw with you last year?

She sounds a handy one, this is the sort of dog I might be looking for, maybe a bit more coat though.

Looks like she's lifting that yellow box by her tail :laugh:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_0039.jpg

shes 18tts and suposedly(think i was lied to) a pure patt, would putting a whippet dog over her throw the pups the right way?!

shes a mustard little busher and ratter, and catches on the lamp (too big for earthwork, which is what i got her for) interested to hear peoples thoughts?

its only an idea because shes only 11months yet...plenty of time to decide!

Shes a good looking bitch, not ideal for earth work admittedly but sounds handy enough. Is that the pup i saw with you last year?

She sounds a handy one, this is the sort of dog I might be looking for, maybe a bit more coat though.

Looks like she's lifting that yellow box by her tail :laugh:

Cracking post cp , looks like a good mooching team

• 1 month later...

That dogs came on a treat mate, thats a great looking team you got therethumbs.gif

I've followed this thread as I stated before I'd be interested in breeding my JRT this way in years to come if she continues like she has, I think her drive and nose with extra speed would be a demon with the ferrets and out bushing, she's quite leggy any way so putting her with a whippet could throw some nice pups I'd thinkhmm.gif

seems to have worked for you anyway mate fair playthumbs.gif

209.jpg

508.jpg

You never know one for the future maybethumbs.gif

• 4 months later...

lloyd 18 month old now,exactly what i'd hope he'd be. caught a few big bunnys and plenty of the regular 1's,he's not met anything that bites back yet,great at finding/putting up anything from cover,took him out lamping for the 1st time a few nights back and show's great promise,teams up well with the rest of the pack.

may2011077.jpgmay2011093.jpgmay2011128.jpgmay112040.jpgmay112041.jpgmay112037.jpg02062011420.jpg02062011432.jpg

a lad in my area had 2 russell whippet types years ago. used them for ferreting and bushing. worked them in woodland, railway embankments. wasteland near industrial estates. both keen as mustard. never big hauls but put enough rabbits in the bag for him.

thanks folks, i know most men/women love their own dogs'best thing for them' and rightly so. lloyd has turned out best for me,he'll locate any thing nearby and try his hardest to catch it,very obiedient,good with the rest of the pack. i/we enjoy trecking through the great cheshire country side and the dogs love doing their thing, numbers don't matter that's why lamping isn't at the top of my list of things to do on a cold wet windy night. happy hunting,CP