anyone hand reared a fox cub?

Guest fence_hopper

I guess some sad c**ts see digging as a sport ...................bit of a bold statement dont you think .I dont dig to protect birds as i dont dig on commercial shoots ,that means i dig for sport

Just as bold as the statement I replied to mate, my point was that it serves no good calling people c**ts for digging at this time of year when there is good reason to.

i know where your coming from pal some lads HAVE to dig this time of year but there is also lads that LIKE to dig this time of year :thumbs:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100% agree with you mate shame theres some sad c**ts like to go digging this time of season killing vixens feeding cubs everything deserves a rest

If you can only dig legally for the protection of game birds and as gamebirds are about to start their nesting season why would any one stop digging on a shoot at this time of year it is imperative to

Some blokes do use terriers as an extension to their obviously inadequate manhood. One terrierman i met reckoned he shot his terriers if they missed a fox. He used to 'train' them on cubs. Prick! People like that don't deserve to have the right to keep animals. Everything does need a rest but on a commercial shoot if you have to dig cubs then so be it.

Some blokes do use terriers as an extension to their obviously inadequate manhood. One terrierman i met reckoned he shot his terriers if they missed a fox. He used to 'train' them on cubs. Prick! People like that don't deserve to have the right to keep animals. Everything does need a rest but on a commercial shoot if you have to dig cubs then so be it.

As i said,it isnt a nice job but one that has to be done.sooner save them till the winter but it doesnt go that way here :wallbash:

As i said,it isnt a nice job but one that has to be done.sooner save them till the winter but it doesnt go that way here :wallbash:

its not a nice job but one that has to be done.i live on a estate and im expected to keep the numbers down.if i dont then i loose over 2000 acres that i live right in the middle of.would rather give the dogs a good rest but cubs need to be kept under control im afraid.

I've been doing some research. It is illegal to release vermin into the wild. Foxes are classed as vermin. So if you keep your cub you are stuck with it for its lifespan. Hand reared foxes can live up to 3 years.

Ric

i reared one once tamed up well but better of in the wild. i got asked to check a drain that someone had dug and removed a vixen and cubs when i ran the bitch through she came out with a week 7 day old cub .i popped it into my hat and took it home.dogs can be taught to

get on with foxes just like a dog that lives with a cat will kill other cats .you learn more about a fox or any animal if you can rear it from young age.

I've been doing some research. It is illegal to release vermin into the wild. Foxes are classed as vermin. So if you keep your cub you are stuck with it for its lifespan. Hand reared foxes can live up to 3 years.

Ric

Is it illegal to release any pest species or just grey squirrels. because in that case on programs like the Twat pack that was on last year they were breaking the law.

Ric

My mates lived to double figures if i remember correctly.

Guest fence_hopper

i reared one once tamed up well but better of in the wild. i got asked to check a drain that someone had dug and removed a vixen and cubs when i ran the bitch through she came out with a week 7 day old cub .i popped it into my hat and took it home.dogs can be taught to

get on with foxes just like a dog that lives with a cat will kill other cats .you learn more about a fox or any animal if you can rear it from young age.

brilliant mate :thumbs: just like to say thanks for all the good posts on this topic

the farmer who i rented off in germany had a dog and a vixen as cubs in an old corn barn(metal wire room with plaster on it).bearing in mind he had one of the best foxing teckel i've known and a lab x gsp who didn't mess around either.

he put straw down and a few bales to hide in and they were fine(fed on dog food,road kill,pigeons etc).

she was about three and he decided to let her go and left the door open.

it must have been a year or so later when he saw her again running up the roof and into the hay loft,he went up and she just sat atop and watched him,as far as i know she is still there.

no mean feat as all around the farm are three different shoots :clapper:

my guess is that at the first sign of bother she runs back to the farm :thumbs:

i have sat and watched them for hours.

most terrier and teckel clubs keep foxes for the training runs,some captive bred some dug as cubs.

they will become half tame and follow you about etc.

the smell will make you want to keep them outdoors.

atb

waidmann

p.s. if you put the vixen out in winter then the dogs will come running(so i'm told :whistling::angel: ).

a nice big cage with straw bale packed around it about 80 yards in front of a high seat by full moon :thumbs:

Edited by waidmann