hi all,

i have been looking around on ebay for a new scope. it needed to have 2 things.

1) it needed to be about x16 mag maximum. the reason i want a high mag scope is that i am realising that i can push my hunting limit all the way to 45 yrds now and my x10 mag is just a bit hard to see detail through.

2)illuminated reticle. i think an illuminated reticle would be very usefull for low light shooting.

my budget is £70 max which i know is a little cheap but i am skint.

then i found a tasco 6-24x50 scope with illuminated reticle on ebay for £35 pound. i know these are cheap chinese scopes but they tick all the boxes and are very cheap.

i wanted to know if anybody has had any experience with these before and if they are good scopes or crap scopes.

thanks,

Aaron

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all,

i have been looking around on ebay for a new scope. it needed to have 2 things.

1) it needed to be about x16 mag maximum. the reason i want a high mag scope is that i am realising that i can push my hunting limit all the way to 45 yrds now and my x10 mag is just a bit hard to see detail through.

2)illuminated reticle. i think an illuminated reticle would be very usefull for low light shooting.

my budget is £70 max which i know is a little cheap but i am skint.

then i found a tasco 6-24x50 scope with illuminated reticle on ebay for £35 pound. i know these are cheap chinese scopes but they tick all the boxes and are very cheap.

i wanted to know if anybody has had any experience with these before and if they are good scopes or crap scopes.

thanks,

Aaron

arron mate got get 1 ive used the tasco 6-24-50 for over 1 year now mate its never let me down you just have to look at my past posts to see they do the job and for the price you cant fault them cracking scopes for the price

atb gary

I didnt realise these scopes were so popular! I have one too, and get on with it very well. Only fault I have is that due to the size of it, it is quite a heavy scope, but appart from that, I cant fault it. I must have shot 800 pellets through my gun with this scope and its been out on more hunting trips than I can remember - all without loosing its zero.

ive got an old japanese made tasco thats pretty nice but ive been using an edgar brothers optimate only goes to 16x if i remember right but it cost me £60 and is very very clear and excellent all round well chuffed with it. theyre worth a look. you can get the factory refurbished for £69 off.... hang on i cant remember ill search... these guys: http://www.swillingtonshootingsupplies.co.uk exactly your budget maybe worth a thought good luck whatever you end up with

Edited by farmboy99

Only fault I have is that due to the size of it, it is quite a heavy scope, but appart from that, I cant fault it.

I must have shot 800 pellets through my gun with this scope and its been out on more hunting trips than I can remember - all without loosing its zero.

Ummmm....... You want heavy?

Try mine thats f :censored: g heavy :wallbash:

I'm thinking perhaps I should decide to go for one of the Tasco's :yes:

I had a couple of shots with a TX200 copy with one of those scopes on it last year and I found it very manageable (that gun is fairly hefty as well) :thumbs:

Phantom