how much would it cost to buy your dog???

ive just got off the phone to a mate of mine and he is on about selling his saluki/grey collie/grey bitch for £400 as someone has offered him cash for it after seeing it out on lamp. he asked me what id do so i told him that if someone offered me £4000 for my lurcher bitch id tell him to f**k off!! then he was saying any of his dogs would be for sale at that price so i hung up!!! so what im asking you all is does your dog have a price??? even if you was skint would you still not sell your dog?? i might be getting soft in my old age but i really could not imagine life without the 4 dogs i got here now and money comes and goes alot quicker than the amount of times you can get out with a lurcher!!! atb charlie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive just got off the phone to a mate of mine and he is on about selling his saluki/grey collie/grey bitch for £400 as someone has offered him cash for it after seeing it out on lamp. he asked me what id do so i told him that if someone offered me £4000 for my lurcher bitch id tell him to f**k off!! then he was saying any of his dogs would be for sale at that price so i hung up!!! so what im asking you all is does your dog have a price??? even if you was skint would you still not sell your dog?? i might be getting soft in my old age but i really could not imagine life without the 4 dogs i got here now and money comes and goes alot quicker than the amount of times you can get out with a lurcher!!! atb charlie

I wouldnt sell a working dog, pup or adult. If i didnt want the dog but it was a good dog it would go to a mate.

to many tell sob story's to sell thier dogs,cant pay the mortgage,kids need new shoes when usually its them that have failed with the dog its very rare that you get a genuinely good dog for sale but sometimes the pounds signs are to much of a draw, me personally i would'nt do it, it's like selling your hunting partner but there are lurcher men and men that like lurchers

to many tell sob story's to sell thier dogs,cant pay the mortgage,kids need new shoes when usually its them that have failed with the dog its very rare that you get a genuinely good dog for sale but sometimes the pounds signs are to much of a draw, me personally i would'nt do it, it's like selling your hunting partner but there are lurcher men and men that like lurchers

well said Albert!! If your dog got trained correctly at the begining, and was from worthy hunting stock it would be priceless.. You'd sell it, pay a few bits of shit off, then have the stress of the rest of the bills plus the heartache of loseing your best friend and companion.. "MY MISSUS HAS JUST ASKED, CAN SHE SELL ONE OF MY LURCHERS TO BUY ME A BIRTHDAY PRESENT, AND THEN ANOTHER FOR A CHEAP FLIGHT" Get a grip man. The only way you sell your dog if you become lame and the dog cant work.. Or if it tells you one morning that it no longer likes you, and wants a new dad!!!!!"

I've been offered $2000 Aus cash several times for working dogs of mine. There are two things...one is that if the dog is worth that money as a worker why would I get rid of it and the second is that a working pig dog is like a brother to me. I can't put a price on one of my workers. They are not for sale at any price. Not everyone has a price.

Cheers.

never is a long time when the bills are piling up and no money coming in . especially if you have just lost your job after 28 years ime talking from experience here.

I have lost my house in the past and been homeless and still didnt feel the need to sell any of my dogs ,if the same happened again what would i do ?

I still wouldnt sell each to there own do.

all depends what you think of your dogs... personally would never sell one, when they are my dogs,they are mine for life, someone could offer me grands for my 2 here now & wouldn't take it, one has her hang ups but I accept them & more than likely I caused that, but at the end of the day she's my lil buddy and alot of blood,sweat & tears have gone into her.. ££££ spoils dogs

when i moved back to the uk i sold my dogs( a teckel,two prt bitches and my lab x pointer).it gutted me.even though they went to mates for puppy prices.

i had no permission over here and could not have kept them as pets(they were not the types :whistling: ).

there are good dogs sold for genuine reasons but i think the majority are not.

i have two here now which i would not sell even though i could well do with the money(who couldn't at the moment).

not for love nor money!

waidmann