lamping hares

Hares deserve no more or less respect than any other quarry night or day. If I want to run them on the lamp I WILL yes.gif AND DONT GIVE A f**k WHAT ANYONE THINKS feck.gif Sadly I cannot now because its ILLEGAL!!!!!!!

wanker, any wonder the sport is the way it is, y dont u leave the sport alone and go piss off and take up golf..

• Like 1

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stabba.daytime hare's are special in most decent dog lads eye's,I am not a member of the saluki brigade but can recognise that it takes a good dog to catch a full grown winter hare,you will wipe them

I dont Think Many of You who were NOT devouted pre ban hare coursers are ever going to understand, why we were so passionate about it, what we once had can never be gotten back, unless we get FULL

Just got back into hunting the past year and a half after being out off the game for a well.Back then l hunted hares during the day but never had any good really hares dogs about me and was really jus

Guest joe ox

Hares deserve no more or less respect than any other quarry night or day. If I want to run them on the lamp I WILL yes.gif AND DONT GIVE A f**k WHAT ANYONE THINKS feck.gif Sadly I cannot now because its ILLEGAL!!!!!!!

wanker, any wonder the sport is the way it is, y dont u leave the sport alone and go piss off and take up golf..

I also kick them when they run past and run them over feck.gif

'the hare dont know where to go its unsporting.'

Mate seriously think about what you are saying, i though this forum was about us sticking together, so snareing, digging, ferreting and shooting are all unsporting, but it gets the job done, if we start bitching amongst each other then we may as well give up now!

i understand what your saying but'getting the job done ' is not a needed with hares

• Like 1

Lamping Hares will always be a sore point to the saluki brigade... Hares are Hares and as such should to be taken by any method available(dog wise) if they are becoming a nuisance...rabbits are lamped..fact.. foxes are lamped..fact... even deer used to get lamped..fact... what makes the Hare anymore special.. absoloutley frig all imo...ultimate athlete this.. majestic that...what makes the Hare so special that he shouldnt be lamped.just because you saluki gambling men say so.. fcuk that... atb stabba

your support and respect for lamping hares your forgetting

stabba the hare with one dog on in daytime has a very good chance of surviving and running another day

Edited by kevin kiely

My point is this... Lamping hares will always be a sore point to a certain few... I dont and never have judged daytime men.. But when they want to try and belittle me for my views i will defend myself.. and if i choose to lamp hares then i most definatley will... simples.. atb stabba

youl do what you want but that doesnt make what your doing the right way

• Like 1

And another thing there is a topic up now (natrual born hare killers 1)people saying great dogs, great runs, will watch part 3 off it and then we see the real side off the daytime hare man running dogs in the mid off june killing 9 hares or so think that worse then lamping .

better still lamp em in june.cop on

And another thing there is a topic up now (natrual born hare killers 1)people saying great dogs, great runs, will watch part 3 off it and then we see the real side off the daytime hare man running dogs in the mid off june killing 9 hares or so think that worse then lamping .

better still lamp em in june.cop on

Or shoot them with a pellit gunicon_eek.gif

Guest SUPERTED

I also kick them when they run past and run them over feck.gif

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: just made my day that

When people are taking 10+ hares in a daytime with their dogs it doesnt matter what happens with the 'sport', this must be unsustainable for the hares in that area?

Pre-ban, where there many farmers who would charge for you to course their land?

People still pay landowners and farmers thousands to course their land during the winter, The land is managed similar to pheasant shoots, So Predator controll, habbitat management ect ect, Sadly its flushing to guns now lol :whistling:

Guest digthemdeeper

Just got back into hunting the past year and a half after being out off the game for a well.Back then l hunted hares during the day but never had any good really hares dogs about me and was really just out till see the runs.

Since then the crowd l hunted with have gone in diff ways.1 hunts foxs the other still hunts hares and l myself have got into lamping and ferreting with a few other ppl.

The last time we where out lamping we caught 2 hares l hunting hares myself and know they are 10 times better during the day and a lot easier till catch on the lamp but l dont really go for hares during the day but will do more next year l myself dont think there is anything wrong with lamping hares but would just like till hear other peoples opinions???? :thumbs: :thumbs:

i used to lamp them but now i dont touch them not my game to hunt.... :thumbs:

lamping hare,s at night ??????????? NO

they are one off the cream,,,,,,and putting 1 0r 2 million power lamp on them,,,,just to watch them squat,,,or run into beam ,,,,or run round and round the feild ,,,is no sport

they are dawn OR dust ,,animals,,,,,,and should be hunted then,,,,,,not when they cant see or half asleep,,,,,,,my old springer could catch them on lamp,,,,,,never mind a lurcher or running dog

( P,S DONT CARE IF I GET FLACK FOR THIS COMMENT,,,,,I SPEAK MY MIND ,,,END OFF )

mate bring ur springer down here it would not catch f**k all never mind a hare and i rekon ur lurcher might only get 1 out of three .

iceman the point of this topic was to ask mens thoughs on wheather it was right to run hares at night and hear u go talking about men throwing them in the ditch it has nothing to do with that it was about giving the hare the best chance of getting away u no and 90 percent of the men on this site have respect for the hare so they dont lamp them so why not just hunt them at day time i no ur more into lamping so stick to rabbits and foxes marty wat about the night u frosty and r pearse were down south when chief caught 3 hares and 2 foxes chief was a good dog but he would not have killed 3 hares at day time more eviendice that the hare is no real test for ur dog do wat u want marty all im saying is like to run them at day time were my dog is going to get a good hunt u have all so hunted them at day time so u should also no not to lamp them i no its hard to get a hunt some nights but for f**k sake dont be brining ur self down to leavel of young lads who dont have a clue u have been around dogs ur hole life u shuold no better is the bitch still in heat

Just got back into hunting the past year and a half after being out off the game for a well.Back then l hunted hares during the day but never had any good really hares dogs about me and was really just out till see the runs.

Since then the crowd l hunted with have gone in diff ways.1 hunts foxs the other still hunts hares and l myself have got into lamping and ferreting with a few other ppl.

The last time we where out lamping we caught 2 hares l hunting hares myself and know they are 10 times better during the day and a lot easier till catch on the lamp but l dont really go for hares during the day but will do more next year l myself dont think there is anything wrong with lamping hares but would just like till hear other peoples opinions???? :thumbs: :thumbs:

It's not for me ,but each to their own :thumbs: