bushing with the lurchers and terriers,

well every sunday me and my mates go bushing,flushing,rabbits with jack russle terriers and a couple of cocker spaniels we also take 5 ,6,lurchers all sizes,we start about 8am and we usally finish by 12 or 1 oclock,its good fun the best exersize for the dogs and you grt to kill a bagfull of rabbits ,so to day we whent bushing started of with a kill whitch one of the jackrussles killed,then my bedlington whippet killed to ,i shot 1 with the catterpolt,then the jackrussles killed a few more,going again sunday will take some pics,by the way dose any one else use this methord to work all the dogs,alb fens fever,

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well every sunday me and my mates go bushing,flushing,rabbits with jack russle terriers and a couple of cocker spaniels we also take 5 ,6,lurchers all sizes,we start about 8am and we usally finish by 12 or 1 oclock,its good fun the best exersize for the dogs and you grt to kill a bagfull of rabbits ,so to day we whent bushing started of with a kill whitch one of the jackrussles killed,then my bedlington whippet killed to ,i shot 1 with the catterpolt,then the jackrussles killed a few more,going again sunday will take some pics,by the way dose any one else use this methord to work all the dogs,alb fens fever,

YEP,...GREAT FUN... :clapper:

ive just moved to hampshire chalkwarren were bouts you at mate,

used to all the time , mostly on scrub land ,that no one else wanted to shoot , but down i the borders there were some great land for hunting with lurchers and spaneils, i used to hold lurchers back then let spaneils get a flush then tally ho ,great sport as you never new what was going to pop out a whin bush or big rhodadedran bushes etc , my mate who trained the spaneils for feild trails used to take the huff if my dogs found arabbit thats his had looked over but all in good fun ,terreirs well never realy worked them withlurchers on top of the ground ,but would be good sport to if they wewrewell behaved and not to many argiuments over qaurry , great sport tho as it can be fast and furios at times

same here mate" out nearly every weekend good sport

Carnt beat it though i prefer spaniels to terriers due to badger setts i just wish i could get a suitable lurcher to work with them now my old bitza saluki hybred is getting on the beddy hybred pup i have [13 month]is not in tune with the cover dogswallbash.gif

My favourite bit of sport. Can't beat it in my eyes even though i rarely catch much, but this makes it all the exciting. I use two jack russels and a half cross collie greyhound.

I am curious though about using a cocker or english spaniel or spaniel cross jack russell in the future. How do you compare the spaniels or spaniel cross jacks to the pure jacks at finding/hunting and pushing them out of the bushes?

Which suits you best?

Great days sport - went out today with just my mates terrier, left the lurcher at home. The terrier is a one dog pack of hounds and great to watch working the cover. Also handy if you have a ferret and few nets with you!

atb

Jai.