• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feed mine dr johns gold simply because they eat it lol i used to feed them beef ect but my meat supply dried up i tried chudleys grey hound and others but dr johns seems to be keeping them in good shape

Morrisons complete....looks like omega...£1.38 per 3kg...21% protein. Very cheap and my dogs seem no deifferent on this than much more expensive stuff i have used in the past. I do add meat or tinned fish to this with a drop of cod liver oil.

Only problem is the store is quite often out of stock.

I get 3 sacks at a time Beta greyhound 29%, Pets at home active worker 24% and Wagg complete worker 23% mix the lot together and store it in steel bins in a cool place.I feed this to both whippet and terriers and find it produces good copact stools and have also fed it to the ferrets as a standby occasionaly you just have to make sure fresh water is available at all times. :drink:

is it ok to mix 2 feeds together i feed mine beta ghd but they looked good on wagg worker too is it fine to mix the 2 together ? atb BB :thumbs:

mine mainly get chappie dry food i supplement this with whole skinned rabbit once or twice a week,eggs and gravy.

i have tried all sorts but they eat this with no scouring and i have one fussy eater who will eat this no probs. i find the gundogs dont do well on high protein mixes i dont know why?

all of the pups i rear start on chappie tinned food with tinned sardines eggs and a calcium powder supplement up until they start to grow out their knuckle then i get them onto the dry stuff. i find lurchers the easiest of all dogs to feed cos generally they are the biggest theiving dog dustbins on the planet with the constitutions of hyeanas.

I use DR John Platinum, recommended by my vet - £11 for 15KG bag - my dogs thriving on it.

Dr. John Platinum.

Features. Delicious balanced nutrition.

Rich in chicken with rice.

25% Protein and 15% Fat for that little bit extra.

Crunchy bite sized pieces basted with chicken juices.

Featuring New Zealand green-lipped mussel extract and ayurvedic herbs (including frankincense and myrrh) for improved mobility and joint health.

Ingredients:- Cereals (minimum 4% rice), meat and animal derivatives (minimum 14% chicken), oils and fats, milk and milk derivatives, yeast, mixed herbs (900 mg/kg) minerals, molluscs and crustaceans (100 mg/kg). With EEC permitted antioxidants.

Edited by ihatealiens

I get 3 sacks at a time Beta greyhound 29%, Pets at home active worker 24% and Wagg complete worker 23% mix the lot together and store it in steel bins in a cool place.I feed this to both whippet and terriers and find it produces good copact stools and have also fed it to the ferrets as a standby occasionaly you just have to make sure fresh water is available at all times. :drink:

is it ok to mix 2 feeds together i feed mine beta ghd but they looked good on wagg worker too is it fine to mix the 2 together ? atb BB :thumbs:

Don't see why not mate...I've been mixing different feeds together for a few years now, you've just got to keep an eye on their shite and change the feed if it's loose & smelly :sick: ATB

i just use greyhound maintenance, good protein content oil and vitamin.. there is better but this on £13 a bag which is cheaper than most with the same content.

red mills xcel 32 is the best ive seen but its expensive, i try to look for a good balance.

use this chart i did and compare.i know there is alot better out there but for the money i think this is a good one.

jollys greyhound maintenance

protein 19%

oil 10%

fibre 4.50%

ash 9.50%

vitamin a 10,000 iu/kg

vitamin d3 1,500 iu/kg

vitamin e 80 iu/kg

copper 15 mg/kg

£13.00

i use this when im not working the dogs as its basicly the same nutrition as pet food but gives a better coat. but its rubbish for working dogs just doesnt provide enough energy i aim to feed as much meat with a dry food for the vitamins and minerals they still need for healthy joints but you want to aim for 25-30% protein with this my dogs have the energy to go all night with a high oil % so when energy levels are low your dogs body feed s on the oils from the food rather than your dogs body mass hence providing a well kept in shape dog at all times.

yeah i know its not the best but best i can get my hand on and dont cost the earth. they also get 1lb of fresh mince a day. which gives them alot of nutrients.

i also changed over from red mills to gain28% because red mills changed their formula a while back and bags varied from bag to bag some much oilier than others and dogs went very loose on it find gain as good as anything out there and better than most .the ingrediants are very similar to aussie formula which is supposedto be the best out there even looks and soaks down exactly the same.