Bloody radio adverts

Just a bit of a rant. I was listening to the radio today and inbetween some stupid DJ with an ego the size of switzerland and some dodgy black rapper "singing" some drivel there was the usual adverts, but every one was a government advert advising me about something!

What the feck is this all about? who pays for it? and the worst thing was it was so condecending!

An advert on some contraception injection, an advert on stopping smoking with some annoying kids singing "i'll do anything", an advert on getting checked for chlymidia, an advert about climate change and by driving to work the world will be under water in 3 weeks time.

AAAAHHHHHH i fecking hate this government!

I have to say, this is something that really winds me up. :censored: Yes radio 1 was once the answer for music with no adverts, but even that station is full of knobheads talking shite all the time and very rarely playing any music and even when they do it`s bloody tree climbing nigger shite, it drives me insane. :wallbash: I work about 30 mins away from home and i spend more time station hopping to find something to listen to that i reckon i am lucky to hear 1 song in that time, the rest of the time is adverts or that paki Dev on radio 1 at 5am or that other know it all Greg James, who the feck is he.? :thumbdown: Then you have that fat b*****d Chris Moyles, he`s so far up his own arse it`s unreal,(saviour of radio 1) i don`t think so. And Sarah Cox, god, she likes the sound of her own voice, probably the only person that does. :feck:

As for commercial radio, i used to listen to Rother FM, but even that has gone down with too many adverts. :doh:

I listen to Radio 2 nowadays, especially Steve Wright in the afternoon, at least he has a laugh and has good guests on, especially Barry from Watford, now that man is funny. :clapper:

That`s my rant over.

fozzy

Just a bit of a rant. I was listening to the radio today and inbetween some stupid DJ with an ego the size of switzerland and some dodgy black rapper "singing" some drivel there was the usual adverts, but every one was a government advert advising me about something!

What the feck is this all about? who pays for it? and the worst thing was it was so condecending!

An advert on some contraception injection, an advert on stopping smoking with some annoying kids singing "i'll do anything", an advert on getting checked for chlymidia, an advert about climate change and by driving to work the world will be under water in 3 weeks time.

Unfortunately the country is full of pregnant, chlamydia infested, smoking people so obviously someone needs to advise them.

The radio station to listen to is Radio 2. It's all very civilized and not repetative like the commercial stations. I love the Jeremy Vine show noon-2pm every weekday. I do miss Terry Wogan in the mornings though.

I was brought up in the seventies on the greatest music that inspired the world,-probably our greatest export-but sadly never was played on daytime Radio,The Who,Led Zepp,Todd Rundgren,Free/Bad Company,The Stones,Dire straits,Thin lizzy,(forgive me If i've forgotten your favourite)you can hear them all on Digital radio,Give Planet Rock a try,I'm shure you'll enjoy it,

Netfull

i know what ur on about fozzy im a radio 2 convert as well, whos the elvis fella they have on some afternoons? hes class

HAHA, you are dead right mate, it`s called ask Elvis, he is class and god only knows how he stops himself from cracking up, he certainly has Steve and that Tim pissing themselves. :clapper:

netfull. I was also brought up on those groups you mention and was even lucky enough to see Thin Lizzy at Sheffield city hall on their thunder and lightening tour in 1983. ooops, showing my age now. :icon_redface:

I too like to listen to Jeremy Vine as he gets one or 2 good debates going.

fozzy

i know what ur on about fozzy im a radio 2 convert as well, whos the elvis fella they have on some afternoons? hes class

HAHA, you are dead right mate, it`s called ask Elvis, he is class and god only knows how he stops himself from cracking up, he certainly has Steve and that Tim pissing themselves. :clapper:

netfull. I was also brought up on those groups you mention and was even lucky enough to see Thin Lizzy at Sheffield city hall on their thunder and lightening tour in 1983. ooops, showing my age now. :icon_redface:

fozzy

Ho hum, mere children all of you. I saw Dylan, Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane and The Who all on one bill at the 3rd Isle of Wight. Went to all the others as well. :angel:

Ric

fozzy

Ho hum, mere children all of you. I saw Dylan, Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane and The Who all on one bill at the 3rd Isle of Wight. Went to all the others as well. :angel:

Ric

Hey Ric mate..............If you can remember being there, you weren't there man!

Stonedning

Unfortunately the country is full of pregnant, chlamydia infested, smoking people so obviously someone needs to advise them.

The radio station to listen to is Radio 2. It's all very civilized and not repetative like the commercial stations. I love the Jeremy Vine show noon-2pm every weekday. I do miss Terry Wogan in the mornings though.

I miss him too mate :cry: