30+ FT TO JC

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some dig TD.

a friend had a call earlier in the wk off a keeper, sayin he was hav in trouble, so we arranged to go dwn to help out, on arrival, the keeper pointed us in the direction of a big wooded area, as we go

that brings back memories of digging railway banks when i was a youngun with all the tunneling we did iam surprized we are still here , but far play mate thats some dig its good to have sound mates when you need them drink.gif

I know all abouut trenching them railway banks too Topper, by christ you'd have a sweat on not knowing the outcome, young and foolish eh!! :doh:

But on this topic... Fair play to you boys, you stuck at it and got the right result. We don't here much these days regarding rescue but its good to know lads are willing to pitch in to see a gallant worker safe. Well done all. :thumbs:

a friend had a call earlier in the wk off a keeper, sayin he was hav in trouble, so we arranged to go dwn to help out, on arrival, the keeper pointed us in the direction of a big wooded area, as we got into the would we could see a fresh 3 holer, didnt look the best spot, as it ran into bank... hopein it wud run to the sides, we collard jc up in he went.. had a listen nothin, gave im ten min, then got a mark 7.4... shit, we decided to take a big wedge out the bank, get to a level n den blip up again.. levelled out n best mark we could get was 4.1, we kept going by this time dark was come in , so the torches came out, the 1st 6ft was clay n then turned to sand, it started to take shape n we got a mark at 2.9. it was at this point we realised that he was more into the bank n we was goin to av to boot in,,we decided to take it deeper n then go in, we took it in n got a mark a mark at 1.8, i was gutted it wasnt lookin good at this stage, it was come in n no 1 really fancied it.. by now it was alf 9 n the dog enterd at 12 30,, we wer nakerd n decided to head bak in the morn i didnt want to leave but after some pursusion i did, on the way home i phoned a very good mate of mine n explained the situation, by now it was 11 my mate said get bak n get a bru , n me n me dad r on our way over.. i was nakerd, but still said ok then, [bANNED TEXT] long the 3 of us was bak in the wood wi fresh torches, [bANNED TEXT] i could do out my mates dad was in n blip in up, 1.8 we agreed he was about a meter down n a bout same in, the situation was bad there werent a lot of talkin going on, i dnt need to mention ne names but my mates dad did somethin special, alot of risk n some excellent shovel work, i could nt thank him enuff, to show im my appreciation i hav bought him a pair of lowa boots which is very little for wat he did in that bad situation.. a very big thanks.. after an hour of some very difficult shovel work, i fired the bleeper up n my mates dad dad crawled [bANNED TEXT] into the bottom corner of not a nice place to be, he then said .3 into bank, i got the shovel to him, he proded the side twice n he was in, i was buzzin, i saw im strike out for the dog. this was a good sign 4 me as i was unsure about the outcome,, drag me out he repeated , i had him by the ankles n whipped him out, i grabbed the dog, it was a releive for me as this dog means every thin to me, 1 very tired dog, :boxing: .. thanks to every 1 who helped out :clapper::thumbs: , it was a day i will never 4 get... n thumps up to the dog :thumbs:

these pics have been taken to day on my camera, my pal will be uploading som more later off his.. nice1 tdjnr

IMGP0666.jpg

IMGP0661.jpg

IMGP0653.jpg

IMGP0655.jpg

IMGP0656.jpg

IMGP0658.jpg

nice work td atb welsh some dig and well done to all involved:clapper: