Funny looking crow

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is a female sparrowhawk in first pics and a buzzard in the second lot - not a goshawk or kestrel in sight!   OTC

yellow eyes makes me think its a female sparrowhawk

Definately a Sparrow hawk that, and with the size of it a female one. Female sparrow hawks are twice the size of the males.   Goshawks have got more barring on their chests and are bigger birds alto

Posted Images

Just read this thread, very funny, I cant belive there is even a debate about this! :laugh: :laugh: Like many have said, ITS A FEMALE SPARROWHAWK lol even male and female sparrowhawks look totally different, there is NO confusion here what-so-ever. Thanks for sharing the pictures John Gallway it has made entertaining reading for me! :thumbs:

No probs :) Am glad ya enjoyed it. It was great seeing one of these birds up close and personal after seeing them in action for so long around the area.

Im lucky to have seen many up close, beautiful birds that always captivate me with their cold stare, and purposeful nature. :thumbs:

I honestly cannot understand how some so-called countrymen are still getting this wrong ...

The male sparrowhawk is slate grey with a reddish barred chest - the female sparrowhawk is dark brown with dark barred chest.

The bird under discussion is quite plainly dark brown and so therefore cannot possibly be a male sparrowhawk, irrespective of perceived size according to this, that and the other.

OTC

I honestly cannot understand how some so-called countrymen are still getting this wrong ...

The male sparrowhawk is slate grey with a reddish barred chest - the female sparrowhawk is dark brown with dark barred chest.

The bird under discussion is quite plainly dark brown and so therefore cannot possibly be a male sparrowhawk, irrespective of perceived size according to this, that and the other.

OTC

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

musket would prob be the size of that tin and people are going yeah its a male i no its def a male haha maybe you need to learn a bit more :boxing: just winding youse up

' date='26 February 2010 - 11:25 PM' timestamp='1267223151' post='1460654']

its tiny its a sparrow no doubts about it a male ... you want to be careful who sees pictures like this mate the wrong people could stumble on it !

its tiny :icon_eek: looks a nice size spar to me not hen sparrowhawk no such thing a sparrowhawk is a female a male is a musket