Too Fast..possible or not,

2GOOD get yourself a copy of lucky the dark destroyer ( i am only picking this dog as most people of here will have heard of him ) this is what i call a cleaver dog, he used to stops his hare going were it wanted to go, he slowed it down to his pace, not like a fast dog who keeps on over running his hare and pushing it, a dog only has to be 1 yard quicker than the hare he is running, a hare will only run as fast as the dog behind him/her, you can not teach a dog to run like lucky used to run, or are you saying you can teach any dog to run like lucky?,

IS 100% RIGHT, obviously been out a done it on a regular basis, Chartpolski 45 years, all over the world? :wallbash:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another thing one must seriously take into consideration here is this. The truely great fast dogs are not weak or brittle. They are not injury prone at all. They are the best of their kind and they

I want a dog that is fast as can be but when he comes up on his game, he should slow and rate it and then explode and then its all over.

WHAT YOU HAVE NEVER HAD ANY ONE SAY THAT A DOG IS TO FAST, IN 45 YEARS I THINK YOU MUST OF HAD YOU HEAD UP YOUR AR55 THEN MATE, THEN YOU SAY OK A GREYHOUND OR A NON PED WHIPPET WILL RUN ITSELF INTO I

2GOOD get yourself a copy of lucky the dark destroyer ( i am only picking this dog as most people of here will have heard of him ) this is what i call a cleaver dog, he used to stops his hare going were it wanted to go, he slowed it down to his pace, not like a fast dog who keeps on over running his hare and pushing it, a dog only has to be 1 yard quicker than the hare he is running, a hare will only run as fast as the dog behind him/her, you can not teach a dog to run like lucky used to run, or are you saying you can teach any dog to run like lucky?,

IS 100% RIGHT, obviously been out a done it on a regular basis, Chartpolski 45 years, all over the world? :wallbash:

Yes mate,I've no need to lie or bullshit.

Cheers.

Im not saying your telling lies CP, i belive you 100% :yes:

But,to come out with statements like "watching paint dry" and "waiting for a the hare to make a mistake" are the comments of an rooky not an experianced man like youself :thumbs:

how would you explain how this dog done it ,how was he as a pup and then a year old ,and how did the person that owend him start him of ,this all has to be taken into acount ,dont forget red rum ,he done wonderfull things ,but he was a broken down old hag to begin with ,and no one wanted him ,i would also think the hare would be running for its life ,and that can only be one speed in my book ,flat out .and a lot of people have called my dog clever ,but it is only because i made him this way .

I suggest you try and watch the copy of the video of tina out of lucky theirs a very very young dog on their having a run and it is very obviouse that its the pups natrual ability that it was born with not how it was taught to run by any human being wat you are talking about 2GOOD is getting a dog to work the lamp to your way not its actual running [bANNED TEXT] its behind its quarry.

Im not saying your telling lies CP, i belive you 100% :yes:

But,to come out with statements like "watching paint dry" and "waiting for a the hare to make a mistake" are the comments of an rooky not an experianced man like youself :thumbs:

Sorry if you took it that way mate; but I've run saluki's in the Arabian desert and seen them disapear over the horizon !! As much as I like Saluki's, I would rather see a dog do it quick. You know a good fen dog will "work" it's hare and wait for the opportunity to strike; I prefer a dog to be bold and strike at any opportunity ! I'm sad you feel the need to disagree with me, but we are all lovers of the dog game, and all have our own opinions.

Cheers.

some like quick dogs others like a slower dog ( me ) some like plodders, that's why there are lurches

You're right mate ! Lets not forget, a "Lurcher" can be anythng from a Beddy/Whippet to a Wolfhound/Greyhound, so there is pleanty to choose from, for all types of work !!!

Cheers.

I've owned and worked running dogs for almost 45 years; I've ran dogs all over the world, on a bewildering array of quarry; but I've NEVER had anyone tell me a RUNNING DOG is "to fast" !!! O.K., a Greyhound or Non Ped Whippet will run itself into injuries, but that is because they are usualy track dogs, let loose once in a while to run live quarry. I'm a Saluki fan, but to see them on the fens, doing 2-3 minute courses, (which is actualy a long time for a course), is like watching paint dry ! If you are out day or night, to fill the freezer, you need a FAST dog, not a dog that sits behind waiting for the quarry to make a mistake ! Rabbit courses are to short for a dog to "work" the rabbit; the dog needs to be fast up and "hoy it's heed in", (strike quickly), It realy is nonsense to talk about dogs "going through the gears" on a rabbit. Only an inexperianced or useless dog overshoots it's quarry continualy, they should soon learn with work.

Cheers.

WHAT YOU HAVE NEVER HAD ANY ONE SAY THAT A DOG IS TO FAST, IN 45 YEARS I THINK YOU MUST OF HAD YOU HEAD UP YOUR AR55 THEN MATE, THEN YOU SAY OK A GREYHOUND OR A NON PED WHIPPET WILL RUN ITSELF INTO INJURIES WHY BECAUSE THEY ARE TO QUICK,YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR MIND UP MATE

• Like 1

to see them on the fens, doing 2-3 minute courses, (which is actualy a long time for a course), is like watching paint dry

I feel the exact same way. I am not knockin them. If thats what you like then so be it but I want it fast as can be.

Dan, there's been people on here said their dog had a 20 minute run, (!!!!), on a fox; Christ, I would have went to the pub and had a couple of pints, then came back to see the end of the course ! The real coursing lads timed the courses, and a 2-3 minute would be classed as a "grueller" !

Cheers.

I've owned and worked running dogs for almost 45 years; I've ran dogs all over the world, on a bewildering array of quarry; but I've NEVER had anyone tell me a RUNNING DOG is "to fast" !!! O.K., a Greyhound or Non Ped Whippet will run itself into injuries, but that is because they are usualy track dogs, let loose once in a while to run live quarry. I'm a Saluki fan, but to see them on the fens, doing 2-3 minute courses, (which is actualy a long time for a course), is like watching paint dry ! If you are out day or night, to fill the freezer, you need a FAST dog, not a dog that sits behind waiting for the quarry to make a mistake ! Rabbit courses are to short for a dog to "work" the rabbit; the dog needs to be fast up and "hoy it's heed in", (strike quickly), It realy is nonsense to talk about dogs "going through the gears" on a rabbit. Only an inexperianced or useless dog overshoots it's quarry continualy, they should soon learn with work.

Cheers.

WHAT YOU HAVE NEVER HAD ANY ONE SAY THAT A DOG IS TO FAST, IN 45 YEARS I THINK YOU MUST OF HAD YOU HEAD UP YOUR AR55 THEN MATE, THEN YOU SAY OK A GREYHOUND OR A NON PED WHIPPET WILL RUN ITSELF INTO INJURIES WHY BECAUSE THEY ARE TO QUICK,YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR MIND UP MATE

Read my post again, I didn't say the greyhound or non ped was to quick, I said they were usualy track dogs. And if you cant contribute to this thread without childish abuse, I suggest you join some other site, possibly a one for teenagers.

Cheers.

to see them on the fens, doing 2-3 minute courses, (which is actualy a long time for a course), is like watching paint dry

I feel the exact same way. I am not knockin them. If thats what you like then so be it but I want it fast as can be.

Dan, there's been people on here said their dog had a 20 minute run, (!!!!), on a fox; Christ, I would have went to the pub and had a couple of pints, then came back to see the end of the course ! The real coursing lads timed the courses, and a 2-3 minute would be classed as a "grueller" !

Cheers.

yes your right there 2 /3 mins is a long course ,,how many take a stop watch ..alot of guess work ,i susspect :whistling:

Cheers.

yes your right there 2 /3 mins is a long course ,,how many take a stop watch ..alot of guess work ,i susspect :whistling:

Rio, if you've been to matches or seen top dogs run, you'd not be surprised how many guy's time their dogs !

Cheers.

Cheers. JUST AS I THOUGHT SAT IN THE PUB TALKING ABOUT IT,WE CALL THEM ARMCHIAR COURSES :drink::drink::drink: