How many farmers do we have here on THL?

Hi folks,

I've a small farm and a few sheep here in Ireland. Lambs due the end of March, sorted out the thin/old ones to keep home and feed up, the rest went to the hill. They went late this year because of the cold weather. Next big job is getting ready for lambing, all fun and games :)

I was just wondering how many farmers we got on here, and what kind of farming ye do :)

ATB,

John

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work on a large dairy farm part time, at uni full time.

Its a great job to have enough money for uni, pleanty of summer work, its all outdoors and you get a fair bit of slack in the winter to do as you please.Oh, and you end up wae shit loads of permish because everyone kens who you are.

Win win situation. :drink:

FTB

Hi folks,

I've a small farm and a few sheep here in Ireland. Lambs due the end of March, sorted out the thin/old ones to keep home and feed up, the rest went to the hill. They went late this year because of the cold weather. Next big job is getting ready for lambing, all fun and games :)

I was just wondering how many farmers we got on here, and what kind of farming ye do :)

ATB,

John

me and me old man have a farm, im spoilt with permission from diggin to shooting i got a little bit of it all.

we dont have our own farm but other half used to work as a shepherd he is now self employed shepherd/farm labourer he got sick of getting paid of and having to shift houses.He is pretty much booked up till june with work indoor lambing then a hill lambing after that

Hi folks,

ATB,

John

John on the estate where i shoot, was having a word this morning with one of the farmer's and he said he was up all night 20 lamb's born last night, good fox shooting coming up :whistling: i am in the west coast 20 miles from Glasgow, John have you any lamb's yet?

Edited by black lab

I work in between 2 farms ,1 small farm with 150 sheep and 40 cattle plus 30 horses ,we have just started lambing (soon comes round) and i work on a larger farm 600 sheep plus 300+ cattle so i will be lambing from now till april :o

dont mind it , but it does drag on , but i love hard work keeps me busy and time flys ,down fall is when harvest time both farms want me at the same time , so iam flat out trying to keep them both happy , but it puts money in me pocket and you cant beat the smell of cow shit :D

John on the estate where i shoot, was having a word this morning with one of the farmer's and he said he was up all night 20 lamb's born last night, good fox shooting coming up :whistling: i am in the west coast 20 miles from Glasgow, John have you any lamb's yet?

No lambs here, mine won't arrive until the end of March. Last Spring when March came it was like a tap got turned on concerning foxes, they just seemed to crawl out of every bush and from behind every wall. The land here is quite poor so most lambing would occur in March/April.

No lambs here, mine won't arrive until the end of March. Last Spring when March came it was like a tap got turned on concerning foxes, they just seemed to crawl out of every bush and from behind every wall. The land here is quite poor so most lambing would occur in March/April.

Not directly relevant but . . .

Na thract ar an mhinisteir Ghallda,

Na ar a chreideamh gan bheann, gan bhri,

Mar ni'l mar bhuan-chloch da theampuill,

Ach magairle Annraoi, Ri.

Just been reading Brendan Behann. Again!

Ex (if that possible) You can take the girl from the farming but you never get farming out of a gal...

I had a Beef Sheep & Arable farm with the ex husband, and worked in agriculture from ag college at the age of 17... I milked nights on a 400 cow farm up till 6 months ago, and have just been asked to do some night lambing for a local farmer who has his second batch of 400 ewes due in 4 weeks time... Cant wait :victory: I love it!