bullx and hares

ive never seen a bull X run 'ol big ears but a would imagine a 3/4 grew 1/4 bull would have enough speed to do the job ,if not then the bull part comes into play !! high prey drive an a chase that would prob turn into a war of stamina an drive !!av been brought up around bull terriers all my days an ive seen them near on burst a lung trying to close on various quarry !!! excellent drive an determination in the straight bulls we had !!! we used to call one the terminator !!!! he tried to grab a lock on anything he seen as fair game !! including a guide dog :icon_redface: ..all the best ..chris..

well said mate, i have a 1/4 bull with a 1/8 collie and she has done 3 or 4 day time ones and 2 of them were one after another with no rest, shes the racey type though, but i would say a half cross would take them it just depends on what the dog takes to the gray or bull and how fit the owner keeps it :thumbs:

any pics of the dog mate??????????????

nice one

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no irish bobs not woolly hat bob 2 different people . it was woolly hat bob that breed a litter from tiny (bull x)( pit general lines) to a saluki x dog . out of this litter came irish bobs rambo . g

never had one in over 15 years that could catch a day time hare,not that i went looking for them to run but the odd occasion did arise,used to take them on the lamp but then pretty much any dog would,

Posted Images

ive never seen a bull X run 'ol big ears but a would imagine a 3/4 grew 1/4 bull would have enough speed to do the job ,if not then the bull part comes into play !! high prey drive an a chase that would prob turn into a war of stamina an drive !!av been brought up around bull terriers all my days an ive seen them near on burst a lung trying to close on various quarry !!! excellent drive an determination in the straight bulls we had !!! we used to call one the terminator !!!! he tried to grab a lock on anything he seen as fair game !! including a guide dog :icon_redface: ..all the best ..chris..

well said mate, i have a 1/4 bull with a 1/8 collie and she has done 3 or 4 day time ones and 2 of them were one after another with no rest, shes the racey type though, but i would say a half cross would take them it just depends on what the dog takes to the gray or bull and how fit the owner keeps it :thumbs:

any pics of the dog mate??????????????

nice one

cheers

• 2 months later...

does any body own a bullx cross that could take hares pre ban quite easy cheers lads happy hunting.

spot on scotty, but there was a good dog a few years ago i heard of called rambo owned by irish bob,wich was out of a first cross bull greyhound and a pure saluki i think

that would be true billysboots and if im not mistaken rambos brother was general and this dog could do the :thumbs: doand would irish bob be the same man as woolly bob :thumbs:

no irish bobs not woolly hat bob 2 different people . it was woolly hat bob that breed a litter from tiny (bull x)( pit general lines) to a saluki x dog . out of this litter came irish bobs rambo . general and a few other good dogs and bitchs . rambo was the only dog that made a proven hare killer tho.

atb jackard

• Like 2

never had one in over 15 years that could catch a day time hare,not that i went looking for them to run but the odd occasion did arise,used to take them on the lamp but then pretty much any dog would,imo they are a bit of a one trick pony,ideal for the bigger quarry,and that is all i really used them for pre-ban obviously,not saying some of you lads never caught them,but with ease,i doubt it,ground your running them on prob makes hell of a difference to imo

Edited by watchman
  • Like 1

never had one in over 15 years that could catch a day time hare,not that i went looking for them to run but the odd occasion did arise,used to take them on the lamp but then pretty much any dog would,imo they are a bit of a one trick pony,ideal for the bigger quarry,and that is all i really used them for pre-ban obviously,not saying some of you lads never caught them,but with ease,i doubt it

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

thanks 4 your reply lads keep them cuming ive seen a few take them in the lamp.

i had a 1st cross that took them throo the day , think he was a 1 off he wasnt heavy but had strong head bought him as pup from boy in wales he was out of a 26inch greyhound bitch and the sire was 22inch bull calld joe montana that came from runcorn , dog hit fence post last year and snapd his neck he was 8 best dog i've owned , RIP skip

joe was from south as he was owned by a close friend of the family

as far as i no joe was never bred to a greyhound and if he was then they on paper would of bin the best bullx pups around

never had one in over 15 years that could catch a day time hare,not that i went looking for them to run but the odd occasion did arise,used to take them on the lamp but then pretty much any dog would,imo they are a bit of a one trick pony,ideal for the bigger quarry,and that is all i really used them for pre-ban obviously,not saying some of you lads never caught them,but with ease,i doubt it,ground your running them on prob makes hell of a difference to imo

You use the time scale of 15 years to back up your argument then admit in that time the opportunity to take a hare was only on the odd occasion and yet you feel compelled to throw your tuppence worth in as if it proves your theory. No dog will catch the king of sporting kings by ease. Not even your 15 a day saluki "f**k me wheres the cover" fen dogs will do it with ease. But, I have seen a bull x catching hares several years ago on a regular basis. Not big numbers but it very rarely failed to "bag" 1 daylight winter hare. Now, I don't conclude it was anything special but it had a good head on its shoulders and a determination not to fail which was humbling.

You use the time scale of 15 years to back up your argument then admit in that time the opportunity to take a hare was only on the odd occasion and yet you feel compelled to throw your tuppence worth in as if it proves your theory. No dog will catch the king of sporting kings by ease. Not even your 15 a day saluki "f**k me wheres the cover" fen dogs will do it with ease. But, I have seen a bull x catching hares several years ago on a regular basis. Not big numbers but it very rarely failed to "bag" 1 daylight winter hare. Now, I don't conclude it was anything special but it had a good head on its shoulders and a determination not to fail which was humbling.

these comments are ONLY based on me,my tuppence worth is not to prove any theories.

i, have not had a bullx that could cath them(day time)on the rare occasion one got up in front of my dogs

i,have only used them for bigger quarry.

i,doubt they would catch them with ease,as others have said,theirs can.(i did edit the post ref type ground they are run on)

no point me making general opinion to make lads with bullx feel better about their dogs when i have only seen a limited amount work,hope this clears this up for you mate, :thumbs: