bullx and hares

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no irish bobs not woolly hat bob 2 different people . it was woolly hat bob that breed a litter from tiny (bull x)( pit general lines) to a saluki x dog . out of this litter came irish bobs rambo . g

never had one in over 15 years that could catch a day time hare,not that i went looking for them to run but the odd occasion did arise,used to take them on the lamp but then pretty much any dog would,

Posted Images

A fair number of bullx,s will take daytime hares regular on the right terrain (smallish fields with hedges and dykes). To expect a bullx to take hares regular on the fens is a different kettle of fish altogether. atb TWILIGHT1

im not calling anyone lyers but id like to see an 50/50 do the hares through the day on a big open 3acre night time different matter closed field 1 acre should do them all night as the say the bull cross will turn on a tanner

ive never seen a bull X run 'ol big ears but a would imagine a 3/4 grew 1/4 bull would have enough speed to do the job ,if not then the bull part comes into play !! high prey drive an a chase that would prob turn into a war of stamina an drive !!av been brought up around bull terriers all my days an ive seen them near on burst a lung trying to close on various quarry !!! excellent drive an determination in the straight bulls we had !!! we used to call one the terminator !!!! he tried to grab a lock on anything he seen as fair game !! including a guide dog :icon_redface: ..all the best ..chris..

well said mate, i have a 1/4 bull with a 1/8 collie and she has done 3 or 4 day time ones and 2 of them were one after another with no rest, shes the racey type though, but i would say a half cross would take them it just depends on what the dog takes to the gray or bull and how fit the owner keeps it :thumbs:

ive never seen a bull X run 'ol big ears but a would imagine a 3/4 grew 1/4 bull would have enough speed to do the job ,if not then the bull part comes into play !! high prey drive an a chase that would prob turn into a war of stamina an drive !!av been brought up around bull terriers all my days an ive seen them near on burst a lung trying to close on various quarry !!! excellent drive an determination in the straight bulls we had !!! we used to call one the terminator !!!! he tried to grab a lock on anything he seen as fair game !! including a guide dog icon_redface.gif ..all the best ..chris..

How long have guide dogs been fair gamewallbash.gif

ive never seen a bull X run 'ol big ears but a would imagine a 3/4 grew 1/4 bull would have enough speed to do the job ,if not then the bull part comes into play !! high prey drive an a chase that would prob turn into a war of stamina an drive !!av been brought up around bull terriers all my days an ive seen them near on burst a lung trying to close on various quarry !!! excellent drive an determination in the straight bulls we had !!! we used to call one the terminator !!!! he tried to grab a lock on anything he seen as fair game !! including a guide dog :icon_redface: ..all the best ..chris..

well said mate, i have a 1/4 bull with a 1/8 collie and she has done 3 or 4 day time ones and 2 of them were one after another with no rest, shes the racey type though, but i would say a half cross would take them it just depends on what the dog takes to the gray or bull and how fit the owner keeps it :thumbs:

any pics of the dog mate??????????????

best lurcher ive ever owned was three quarter greyhound quarter bull she caught quite a few daytime in feilds and a few on the fen but no way would you ever describe her as a courser she was sired by the famous buck and had more bottle than was good for her .

any pics of the dog mate??????????????

post-26430-126375887944_thumb.jpg

hi lads,imho i cant see bull x kill long ears daytime,they just dont have the lung,but then again if the hare is surprised(which is very unlikely)then maybe,just maybe they will kill one

my dead brothers dog cud just about kill hares on the lamp(no boast really) then daytime was useless