Would you take the money

Guest traceyg

would you  

118 members have voted

1. 1. would you

Guest traceyg

Tracey,

When you get the final bill, don't pay it on the card pay it with cash and take him with you, let him see how much money his foolishness has cost. Let him pay his part of the bill, he sounds like a good lad and I am sure it will be a lesson that will really stick in his mind.

TC

I was hurt so much when we went to the vets i couldn't hold the dog he did he also saw me pay the bill in cash ( we have to pay each visit }He has been a star with the dog But on the other hand i did ask him 3 times not to take them out

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There your dogs/son the responsibilty lies with you.. you should not of let the lad take the dogs out imo if you had doubts..

Mabie its you who has learnt a lesson as much as the child..

If anything happened to my dogs i would blame myself i dont let anyone else walk or work my dogs.

I would take it. He's 15 and by how you explained it he should be OK with the fact that he done wrong in thinking he knew it all. I can see how you'd feel guilty about it, but it'll stand to him in the end. Besides, you're gonna spend it keeping him anyway :thumbs:

Tracey,

When you get the final bill, don't pay it on the card pay it with cash and take him with you, let him see how much money his foolishness has cost. Let him pay his part of the bill, he sounds like a good lad and I am sure it will be a lesson that will really stick in his mind.

TC

I was hurt so much when we went to the vets i couldn't hold the dog he did he also saw me pay the bill in cash ( we have to pay each visit }He has been a star with the dog But on the other hand i did ask him 3 times not to take them out

Tracey,

You have done the right thing, and when this is over, it is over! He has paid what he could afford, even though he made the mistake he has atoned for it. It's not the first mistake he has made, it won't be the last.

It could be that he gave you the money, hoping that you would say, "no you keep it son". Only you will know your son well enough to know the answer to that. From what you have said it seems as if he is genuinely sorry. That is a good thing, however, sorry will not stop them making the same mistakes again. The loss of something that he has worked hard for and presumably was saving up for will stick longer in his mind at his age.

Stick to your guns. All it can get you is respect.

TC

Edited to add:

You could always spend about £80 more on his next birthday pressie ;)

Edited by tiercel

i give it back ,not his fault the dog's started on each other, it would be worse if he had no interest in the dogs and left them in the kennels !!! shit happends tg but being on his back about it could put him off taking them out again , your just mean tg , :tongue2:,

sounder

The other question to ask is how many of the people offering advice had actually successfully reared their children to adulthood...

Lots of theorists. Never as many who have actually done it in my experience.

Interesting how people think...

Cheers.

The other question to ask is how many of the people offering advice had actually successfully reared their children to adulthood...

Lots of theorists. Never as many who have actually done it in my experience.

Interesting how people think...

Cheers.

I have three 30, 26 and 19 The two eldest have their own place and I can't wait till the youngest gets hers. :thumbs:

TC

AS rolfe says put the money by and give it to him later if he wants somthing and it will come as a nice surprise , By giving you the money it sounds like hes learned his lesson

Keep it. Make sure he knows the final bill and tell him if he pulls a dumb stunt like that again he pays every penny. Then tell him it's done and dusted for this time. You could have stopped him, and you could have put your wellies on so you pay the balance!

For the record, my daughter is 19 and no worse than most adolescents, better than some.

Ric

i voted for you to give it back, or half at least,

i'm sure he knows he done wrong, and he did offer it up freely, i'd give him 40 back, i'm sure he has learned from his actions, but he needs to respect that injuries COST money..

And when he pays or partly pays he'll think before his actions next time...

ATb.

Snap.