The bloody nerve of it

I read a very interesting report in The Times yesterday (Jan 5). Apparently multi-national companies are bringing in staff from India to work in their call centres, around 30.000 jobs all told. The workers are employed by the Indian branches of the companies, and after 6 months can be sent here to work for 3 years, with the possibility of a 2 year extension after that. These are jobs which could readily be done by British citizens. When asked about contracts of employment, rates of pay, sick leave and so on, the companies said "It is not our policy to discuss individual positions."

The Times tried to find out, and guess what? It looks as though the workers are on their Indian contracts and rates of pay - far worse than British levels. Saves the employers loadsa money and rips off 30.000 Brits.

As some of you will know, I am passionately anti-racist but this scam makes me want to go back to my street fighting anarchist days.

RicW :ninja:=@ :crazy:

Hellow Rik sorry to say this but where have you been living for the last 10 years? Did you seriously have no idea this has been going. I noticed your passionate 'anti racist' stance on other discussion where the BNP got mentioned but suddenly you've noticed something many people have seen with their own eyes for years and years. This isn't about skin colour...note the way you have to mention 'race' before you start this type of discusion. Our country, its education system and its jobs are being sold whole sale for the benefit of profiteers. The whole racism thing is a smoke screen to stop people speaking up. Some of us actually are suffering basddly due to this policy, and to anyone talking about lazyness it just shows ignorance of the issue (not you RikW).

Lack of training, lack of education, it is cheaper to leave people rotting in council houses than to train them for years in a good education system. So lets just cart in thousands from India. Oh and the companies wont have to abide the same labour laws, probably can ship em back when they've finished using them. But they go home with the money leaving people in the UK unable to compete with their low wages.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should replace all the MP's with those from abroad and see how they like it .After all every other trade ,industry & job seems to be being filled with cheap labour of foreign descent , hopefully they will then get to live amongst our vistors from abroad and see the joys of having half the UN in front you at the bank ,or at the supermarket unable to speak a word of english or welsh unless of course they want dole money then suddenly there Shakespeare.Anyway i think something has to give with the way things are going with this country ,i think everyone's fed up with it .

Maybe we should replace all the MP's with those from abroad and see how they like it .After all every other trade ,industry & job seems to be being filled with cheap labour of foreign descent , hopefully they will then get to live amongst our vistors from abroad and see the joys of having half the UN in front you at the bank ,or at the supermarket unable to speak a word of english or welsh unless of course they want dole money then suddenly there Shakespeare.Anyway i think something has to give with the way things are going with this country ,i think everyone's fed up with it .

Ha ha ...isn't that what Europe is? Except they seem to be paid more :wallbash:

Who needs Brit MPs when we got foreign euro mps....maybe thats whay they're all scrabbling to pick up the euro jobs.

call centres full of them...no wonder when ever i fing my insurance company i carnt understand them. i got my insurance over the phone and when they sent it out in writing it was all wrong sayin i lived at manchester and im miles away its fukin useless i hate them allllllll

I read a very interesting report in The Times yesterday (Jan 5). Apparently multi-national companies are bringing in staff from India to work in their call centres, around 30.000 jobs all told. The workers are employed by the Indian branches of the companies, and after 6 months can be sent here to work for 3 years, with the possibility of a 2 year extension after that. These are jobs which could readily be done by British citizens. When asked about contracts of employment, rates of pay, sick leave and so on, the companies said "It is not our policy to discuss individual positions."

The Times tried to find out, and guess what? It looks as though the workers are on their Indian contracts and rates of pay - far worse than British levels. Saves the employers loadsa money and rips off 30.000 Brits.

As some of you will know, I am passionately anti-racist but this scam makes me want to go back to my street fighting anarchist days.

RicW :ninja:=@ :crazy:

Hellow Rik sorry to say this but where have you been living for the last 10 years? Did you seriously have no idea this has been going. I noticed your passionate 'anti racist' stance on other discussion where the BNP got mentioned but suddenly you've noticed something many people have seen with their own eyes for years and years. This isn't about skin colour...note the way you have to mention 'race' before you start this type of discusion. Our country, its education system and its jobs are being sold whole sale for the benefit of profiteers. The whole racism thing is a smoke screen to stop people speaking up. Some of us actually are suffering basddly due to this policy, and to anyone talking about lazyness it just shows ignorance of the issue (not you RikW).

Lack of training, lack of education, it is cheaper to leave people rotting in council houses than to train them for years in a good education system. So lets just cart in thousands from India. Oh and the companies wont have to abide the same labour laws, probably can ship em back when they've finished using them. But they go home with the money leaving people in the UK unable to compete with their low wages.

Nik - Where have I been these last 10 years? In the context of this thread, I've been sitting back with a "told you so" grin on my face watching capitalism eat itself.

I put this post up to see how people reacted. You used the term "profiteers". Well, yes but. The first thing to get clear is that this is in no way a "Racist" question. The multi-national companies involved are importing, and exploiting, cheap labour. India, the world's largest democracy, has a growing middle class of educated and ambitious people. If they are offered a chance to work here and earn better money than they could at home while seeing Western life at first hand, I for one don't blame them. I blame the multi-nationals because not only are they exploiting the people they bring in on these dodgy short term contracts, they are ripping off the British citizens who could do the job.

Nor is it a matter of immigration. When a short term contract expires, the individual is told to leave. In a case like this, if "native" British people don't fill the slots, then immigrants will. The jobs just disappear from the market. As far as the British economy is concerned those jobs do not exist.

Now this is where I get controversial. (Me?) I keep referring to multi-nationals. The ten biggest companies listed on Footsie have a combined turnover greater than the total GNP of the smallest 100 countries in the UN. Only big countries with powerful economies can even afford to tell the multis where to get off. The biggest and silliest mistake the BNP make is their belief that Britain can go it alone. On the contrary, only a Federal Europe is going to be big enough to deal with the bigger and bigger combines that are going to develop.

OH, and one other thing in the last 10 years. Anti-globalisation march 2000

Edited by RicW

Artic will never lose her job she's a rozzer. This explains the holier than thou persona.

As for bringing Indians in to work and Artic saying that the only reason is lazy English/whites "MONEY speaky a lot" (well know saying from a local take away).

Try going into Preston's or Burnley's, or Bradford's or anywhere else that has a large immigrant population job center and you'll find an equal amount if not more ETHNICS all signing on in two different towns claiming this benefit and that getting money from the system.

How do they get away with it????????? I hear you ask

Because no-one dares to say anything for fear of being branded a racist (this has come from people I know very well who work in different depts. but have come to the same conclusion!!! They are not racist.... They are just observant)

Artic will never lose her job she's a rozzer. This explains the holier than thou persona.

Explains alot!

Must be nice to have a cushy job that you would have to try REALLY hard to lose and oh...don't forget final salary pension!

Wouldn't want to bite the hand that feeds you ;)

Anti-Globalist and supporter of Federal Europe is a contradiction in terms.

I'm an anarchist as well, just to confuse the issue still further. Seriously Nic, I object to the world's agenda being driven by big business. That is the sort of globalisation I despise. If the only way to counter it is by federalisation then so be it. Federalisation does not have to mean loss of identity. The individual states of America have a high degree of autonomy and a fierce sense of individuality. :boxing:

Arctic when your kids can't get work in 5 years time i'm sure they won't mind going over to India then hey.

I see your from Woburn so after their 5 years you could probably use some of these Indian chaps to clean the mansion or look after the kids for you.

Get in the real world, this country is being taken to the cleaners and I personally think lefty liberals like you are worse than the Indians themselves.

Hurlock, thanks for the advice and i will take it on board for sure.

I vote conservative always have done and im proud to as well.

You dont like indians? Are you jealous of them? They are hard working people who are not scared to work like 90% of our british people are! Fact, look at the doll office next time your out and about, i see more white people than ethnic's giving their lame excuses why they didnt turn up to their back to work interview.......lol

Doug, sorry no time for you. Back down your hole.

:thumbs:

i was unfortunate enough to visit the dole office last year,couln't beleive what i was seeing,yes a good deal of'LAZY' brits but what astonished me was seeing the number of people that couldn't even speak our language at all, but able to claim from our benefit system.seems very wrong.

As for bringing Indians in to work and Artic saying that the only reason is lazy English/whites "MONEY speaky a lot" (well know saying from a local take away).

Try going into Preston's or Burnley's, or Bradford's or anywhere else that has a large immigrant population job center and you'll find an equal amount if not more ETHNICS all signing on in two different towns claiming this benefit and that getting money from the system.

How do they get away with it????????? I hear you ask

Because no-one dares to say anything for fear of being branded a racist (this has come from people I know very well who work in different depts. but have come to the same conclusion!!! They are not racist.... They are just observant)

I'm an anarchist as well, just to confuse the issue still further. Seriously Nic, I object to the world's agenda being driven by big business. That is the sort of globalisation I despise. If the only way to counter it is by federalisation then so be it. Federalisation does not have to mean loss of identity. The individual states of America have a high degree of autonomy and a fierce sense of individuality. boxing.gif

Do the right thing if you are an anarchist and support the bnp or the edl just get pass the silly idea their racist.All the other organisations like UAF and SWP are all funded and controlled by the labour goverment and silly wishy washy students and liberals that seem to have ideas that would never work in a million years.thumbs.gif

I'm an anarchist as well, just to confuse the issue still further. Seriously Nic, I object to the world's agenda being driven by big business. That is the sort of globalisation I despise. If the only way to counter it is by federalisation then so be it. Federalisation does not have to mean loss of identity. The individual states of America have a high degree of autonomy and a fierce sense of individuality. boxing.gif

Do the right thing if you are an anarchist and support the bnp or the edl just get pass the silly idea their racist.All the other organisations like UAF and SWP are all funded and controlled by the labour goverment and silly wishy washy students and liberals that seem to have ideas that would never work in a million years.thumbs.gif

I have gone eyeball to eyeball with Militant, SWP and the rest of the trendy-wendy knee-jerk lefties. I've also gone down and dirty with the BNP. I just insist on drawing my own conclusions. I'm gonna have to think about this.