FEEDING THE DOGS

after years of constant winging my parents have given in and agreed to let me have a dog :) so im getting a lurcher pup next week, im wondering what you lads feed your dogs on, ive always got a few rabbits so thats a start a mate of mine feed working dog biscuits so theres another posibility but i was talking to a bloke today who said he feeds his on dried chicken and rice, he buys it buy the sack for about £10 i think has anyone ever heard of this before?

any help whould be apreciated :signthankspin:;)

Edited by ferreterno1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All my dogs are fed on RMB,S plus various offal heart liver kidney 2-3 times a week although the young pup is on science plan puppy but i dont think its anything special so once the sacks empty i will put her on the same diet as the adults. ;)

Supadog Working £13 per 15kg. Can't be bothered with all this BARF nonsense.

Your dogs are missing out then nipper. Mine are fed on chicken wings, beef and tripe mince, rib cages, minced chicken carcases and pigs trotters. I tried various brands of complete eukanuba, beta, omega etc etc but my dogs have thrived on the BARF diet and I would NEVER go back to dry foods :no:

Pups i feed on Jameswellbeloved puppy (dry food) up until 12-18 months old, then change to Jameswellbeloved adult. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Never fed barf stuff, never will. :D

I agree you get out what you put in :whistle: Any particular reason you prefer dry food? :hmm:

Supadog Working £13 per 15kg. Can't be bothered with all this BARF nonsense.

Pups i feed on Jameswellbeloved puppy (dry food) up until 12-18 months old, then change to Jameswellbeloved adult. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Never fed barf stuff, never will. :D

I feed on all raw,

Nipper if you "can't be bothered" as you put it then there's no point keeping dogs is there? surely being bothered is a fundamental part of keeping any animal???

Collie/grey

your right mate.....you do get what you pay for...... and you're paying far too much for all that ash, filler and compressed shit :rofl::rofl:

How is getting a scoop of dry food out of a bag any easier than pulling a turkey neck or rabbit carcase etc out of the fridge? and before harping on about how well the dogs look on the outside, some of you should think more about your dogs and whats happening on the inside.

Now I wouldn't have said anything as to be honest I'm fed up of beating my head against a wall but some people just won't give an opinion without having a dig at others prefered methods.

cheers, :good:

It's not that I don't care about my dogs, I do. It's just that I have gone through the rigmarole of feeding raw, making up a balanced diet and all the sheer effort of getting raw food at competitive prices etc etc.......and then it dawned on me. A boffin with a PhD has already done it for me and it costs £13 a sack lasts for a month and is so much easier. Plus the dogs look good on it and they still catch rabbits.