:doh: Yeah mate on ya go, when the old bill turn up with better guns that fire more rounds and ask the silly question "What are you up to"? just tell them it's ok your after the wood pigeons :laugh:

The only time it would be alright is if there is nothing but fields (crop fields) behind which obviously you have permission on and you were protecting the crops.

would love to do it in mine :gunsmilie: hundreds of bloody crows n such up here,gonna make an effort to find where they live now i got a shotty,another one coming today,(an xmas pressie to myself),prob is the land i think there on he,s a miserable sod,got 2 old fellas shooting,but they work for greenpeace i think,anyway,happy xmas peeps,atb,ian :notworthy:

My garden is 140ft long and about 50ft wide. Id love to use the 12 bore if i could, but it just isnt big enough. Id even not risk using my 410. The only thing i use in my garden is my air rifle. Even then I have to be very carefull as to what is behind the target as i wouldnt want to end up shooting my neighbours windows out. I tend to wait until the pigeons or magpies are on the lawn, so im shooting downwards at them. Unfortunately they seem to know this and happily sit on the neighbours TV ariel, knowing im not going to risk shooting them.

has any one used a 12 bore in there back garden to kill woodys

I tend to wait until the pigeons or magpies are on the lawn, so im shooting downwards at them.

members are always saying about this, but it is ILLEGAL, read the general license, what reason will you give for shooting :hmm: crop damage,?, ok, so you may get away with health and safety,but then you have to prove that, but then you also need to show you have tried all other methods to keep them away,

shooting- no

pest control, humaine dispatch-yes

I've used a silenced 410 on fox in a garden, but thats one single shot

You won't get away with it in a small back garden with a 12 gauge. I bought a 9mm rim-fire for shooting rats that were hanging around my compost bin which is about the most I'd use in a small garden. That's quiet enough to shoot indoors pretty much without hearing protection.

Also, remember that it's an offence for any projectile to leave your property so you need to be using something small and low powered.

J.

Edited by JonathanL

12 bore in the garden! LOL.

I got enough jip from a neighbour whilst responsibly shooting targets with an Air Rifle in my back yard.

Firstly he accused me of shooting his cat the previous week when I didn't even have the gun then, then he accused me of shooting his fence when i had a 6 inch concrete backstop with no sign of any damage to his fence.

I don't bother shooting in the garden now in case he turns into a bigger knob and calls the old bill and I find myself mistakenly looking down the end of a Glock or MP5!

Take everyones advice and stay out your yard with it. :gunsmilie:

Roly