my dogs

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cracking post mate and some very true words spoken.Lovely looking bitch you have and the pup looks just what the docter ordered.

Happy days

ATB

:thumbs: cheers mate,just getting it off my chest that's all

And that is always a good thing to do... :thumbs:

Take things nice and slow with your new pup,..

and allow it be a baby for a long while,...there is no rush.... :yes:

All the best to you....

regards,.CW... :drink:

whats its breeding? common enough question on here,well as for my bull x im not 100%sure,dam was a grey/whippet/bull sire was 3/4 grey 1/4 bull,but does it really matter.

bought her off this site at 8 months old and all the usuall went with the sale,not that im knocking the bloke that i got her off,far from it infact, but,you know what i mean,bitch untried,parents doing everything they were bred for,that sort of thing.

well iv put the time in to this bitch and for me she has come good,now at 17 months old i can say she is doing what she was bred for and doing it very well for a young dog.

whats her faults,well for me she has none,okay her retrieve may not be 100%,but defo a lot better than it was so we are getting there,oh and she does kill every rabbit she picks up,but only on the front end is the damage done , so i can put up with only eating the saddle and back legs and the ferrets havent complained yet about the rest of said bunnies.

quite in kennel,obediant,gets on great with other dogs and sticks to me like glu,so all in all my dog is better than yours,it does what i want and i cant knock her one bit for the x that she is.

there is no sweeping statement to go with this its just my dog,iv had better iv had worse but there you go, we cant all have the dog bred by so and so ,out of such an such can we,and i really dont think it matters to much,certainly not enough for me to lose sleep over it thats for sure :thumbs:002.jpg

044.jpg

now i know hancock dogs are well talked about on here so im not gonna repeat all the hype or get into a slagging match,but iv just got one of his 3/4grey 1/4 collie,this will be my all round dog from ferreting to lamping i will train this bitch to the best of my ability,any faults will be down to me and not the dog,you will get out what you put in,so hopefully with fingers crossed and a bit of luck this time next year ill have my new partner up and running,and because she is my dog and not yours that makes her better lol

016.jpgthis is her meeting the future competition.

just to add seems to be a lot more slagging down of lurchers than any of the digging boys do. perhaps we should all reflect on our own dogs capabilities befor we are so quick to judge others,atvb to you all and have a good xmas,heres to good hunting :drink:

Nice looking bitch in fine condition .

It makes a refreshing change to hear a level headed post about training and bringing a dog along,all the best with her, and your new arrival ,keep us posted how things go.

thanks for your comments guys,ill keep you posted on the hancock bitch,see if i cant end up with a good en,well good enough for me anyways atb to you all

Watchman,She is a fine looking bitch and if she suits your requirements,enjoy her! ATB with the pup.