Bedlington Greyhound versus Collie Greyhound

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both bedlington collie base blooded the pied bitch is bedlington x collie x an the pup is bedlington x colliex/bedlington x colliex

The first image is my mates First cross Bedlington Greyhound bred by Neil Beacon the most robust and best coated first cross I have ever seen. It is an excellent dog. The second is my curren

Posted Images

On 18/12/2009 at 13:42, Guest fence_hopper said:

cheers mate :thumbs:

my pups coming along nicely 1 1/2 weeks old my mates beddy dog to my irish grey bitch carra aka the physco :blink: theres some livers (choclate) in the litter any one seen afirst x liver before?

skyinshowandkids118.jpg

carcharlie001-1.jpg

006.jpg

beddygreypups009.jpg

I see a liver bedy whippet few months ago ,

how many pups she have ? 

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

Bedy grey for me ,but it's down to what land we work ,I say best x b put two first x together and you probably get a better all round lurcher with bedy grey x collie x .

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_1887.JPG

IMG_1919.JPG

My f1 ,she's 20 mts ,22/23 tts and she's got plenty in the tank ,can not fault her so far ,

shes from good Irish coursing bitch to good stamp of bedlington terrier .id have another in a heart beat from same breeding ,

all the pups from her litter and last one are doing well from what I hear of lads running siblings up and down uk .

atb 

mooch

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

• Like 1

The first image is my mates First cross Bedlington Greyhound bred by Neil Beacon the most robust and best coated first cross I have ever seen.

It is an excellent dog.

The second is my current first cross bred in Workington not as good coat as my mates but also an excellent rabbiting dog.

My mate is now bringing on a line bred collie dog which in its second season is now showing promise.

By his own admission he was disappointed with the collie cross last year but it looks like it is just taking time to mature and it is a different dog this year.

Bedlington first crosses which is the only percentage cross I have seen are a totally different dog in respect to starting work.

The ones I have been around all being dogs seem to be sorted the first season with such a high prey drive but also very biddable.

Kennelling is such a positive for me personally living around people with the first cross Bedlington greyhound.

I had  Heart Break Dog(Granitor Joker Lines) put down at just short of 14 and I never heard him bark ever and my current dog is 5 and he is the same.

My mate is an excellent dog trainer but by his own admission he has had to be more forgiving with the Collie Cross it being much more sensitive just the nature of a Collie. 

It has surprised me watching the Collie Cross mature the time it has taken but I am sure it is going to make a good rabbiting dog it is just slow to mature.

20191004_160326[120].jpg

20190915_161527.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, budgie123 said:

The first image is my mates First cross Bedlington Greyhound bred by Neil Beacon the most robust and best coated first cross I have ever seen.

It is an excellent dog.

The second is my current first cross bred in Workington not as good coat as my mates but also an excellent rabbiting dog.

My mate is now bringing on a line bred collie dog which in its second season is now showing promise.

By his own admission he was disappointed with the collie cross last year but it looks like it is just taking time to mature and it is a different dog this year.

Bedlington first crosses which is the only percentage cross I have seen are a totally different dog in respect to starting work.

The ones I have been around all being dogs seem to be sorted the first season with such a high prey drive but also very biddable.

Kennelling is such a positive for me personally living around people with the first cross Bedlington greyhound.

I had  Heart Break Dog(Granitor Joker Lines) put down at just short of 14 and I never heard him bark ever and my current dog is 5 and he is the same.

My mate is an excellent dog trainer but by his own admission he has had to be more forgiving with the Collie Cross it being much more sensitive just the nature of a Collie. 

It has surprised me watching the Collie Cross mature the time it has taken but I am sure it is going to make a good rabbiting dog it is just slow to mature.

20191004_160326[120].jpg

20190915_161527.jpg

Edited by dingo dancer
Forgot to type anything
On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 02:21, Moocher71 said:

My f1 ,she's 20 mts ,22/23 tts and she's got plenty in the tank ,can not fault her so far ,

shes from good Irish coursing bitch to good stamp of bedlington terrier .id have another in a heart beat from same breeding ,

all the pups from her litter and last one are doing well from what I hear of lads running siblings up and down uk .

atb 

mooch

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

your right there mooch they defo off top rate stuff without doubt

• Like 1