'Sorting' the guest...problem

73 members have voted

1. 1. Should we remove the ability for unregistered guests to view the topics?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know / don't care

As most of you know, look on any topic, particularly controversial ones like the countryfile, you will see a massive amount of guests. Surely it would be a good idea to prevent this from happening as antis will, obviously, cause a lot of hassle and agro on a pro hunting site, and a number of other forums have a setting enabled that makes it so you have to register to be able to view anything other than the list of different subforums. And that's gotta be worth doing, make so that trouble makers are less likely to register if they can't see that tempting thread, y'know? And those who are thinking of joining the site and aren't antis would still join because they can see the # of registered users...

Yes (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

No (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

I don't know / don't care (2 votes [18.18%])

hmm i wonder if the 2 no's are guests lol

I THINK THE POLL RESULT WILL PROVE THE MEMBERS FEEL DIFFERNTLY MATE

Of course it will, but the wrong question is being asked. It's like someone saying why the f**k make a film about Titanic, we know the thing sinks.

It will not solve the major problem of the hunting ban.

Yes (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

No (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

I don't know / don't care (2 votes [18.18%])

hmm i wonder if the 2 no's are guests lol

Only members can post , not guests , thats why there guests :laugh:

I dont know why you worry so much about antis,as has been said, they will just join as members.

Also, closed forums die, close this forum and you will play straight into their hands, get it?

Anyway theres hunting to be done,i cant be wasting my time on those grave robbing smelly types :clapper:

IF CLOSED FORUMS DIE HOW COME MOOCHERS IS STILL GOING IN FACT HAS BEEN SINCE BEFORE THIS SITE?

On that basis, close all the hunting forums to guests.

Going to get it hard to get new members in, unless they live local to existing members they're not going to have anyone to vouch for them are they ;)

It still doesn't solve the hunting ban problem, which is the cause of no photos being shown.

To everyone,,,

1st sign out, then have a look at the site, most subjects are protected forum, basically that means you cant see the posts in there unless you are signed up and signed in. I dont think it is difficult to become a member here, you just need a proper email account and then you sign up. As far as I am aware this has always been the case.

Total number of members on this site is 22 thousand!!!! a massive amount. How many of those are active ie not obsolete accounts? & how many are anti fieldsports? & of course dont forget the people who have more than 1 account, theres one I can think have that has had 3-5 at the same time.

So, basically if there is anything you dont want to become known publically, the only thing you can do to protect yourself is either not post or keep it to PM only.

End of the day, its upto the forum owner to decide whether the forum is available to be viewed by non members.

Edited by GD Waz