WORSE X OWNED

true to all, there is good and bad in all breeds some more than others, I recieved a wee, bedlington x whippet, to hunt the rough for my other, collie x, the trouble was I could not stop her from HUNTING on, she was a menace, No recall regardles what you done for her, I passed her on to a pet home, and I told the truth about her,do not take her out hunting unless you have a spare couple of hours trying to get her back to you,((( but all was not lost, they decided to breed from her, to grey/whippet, speed machine, and she through some very handy dogs,so all was not lost,

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the worst cross i had was a collie/grey but a mate had a blindin one that worked hard regular...the collie/grey i had jogged after rabbits and then went nose down and was gone for most of the night...

also had a whippet/grey that was first class on whatever aimed at but she was torn most of the season with the brambles...

the worst cross i had was a collie/grey but a mate had a blindin one that worked hard regular...the collie/grey i had jogged after rabbits and then went nose down and was gone for most of the night...

also had a whippet/grey that was first class on whatever aimed at but she was torn most of the season with the brambles...

looks like most people had there problems with collie xs then guys but not saing they bad at all to work with

It has to be a f1x collie/grey that my mate bred although it was without doubt the best and easyist dog i have had to train but just was not sharp enough on rabbits that my spaniels flushed from cover and were i lamp were the rabbits are up and running as soon as the lamp hits them was not pacey enough.The lad i gave her two was over the moon with her and was told he had some succes with her i told him she would catch rabbits all day on moorland.IMHO some of the reasons are if you dont get a dog thats suited to the area you hunt you are going to be dissapointed.atb dell

Guest fence_hopper

i've had the pleasure of meeting three sh*t dogs

1. a bull x bitch by time you got to it you'd have to wrestle the rabbit out her mouth and it insides would be like gravy thick as sh*t.

2. whippet grey bitch couldnt catch a cold give her easy rabbits she'd run the rabbit till it was that nackerd it couldnt run no more. i had to slide in tackle them for her in the end.

3. my first lurcher whippet grey x deerhound grey slip her on a rabbit see ya later gone for dust, broke my heart the little b@sterd

just the way it is sometimes guys they cant all be good when first got my red dog on my page hefekd of and was after him atleast 2hours was ready to throw the towel in glad i never as turned out one of the best longear dogs ive ever owned but time will tell ive got neice to him and his older brother hope my bitch can fill the pot thew way he could :thumbs: they keep me happy

• 1 month later...

As has been said before it's all about picking good working lines for the type of dog that suits what you want to do and the land you want to do it on and then putting in the time and effort from when it's a pup to achieve a bond with it and to teach it the task you want it to perform.

I know people do buy good adult dogs and do have a lot of success with them, but personally i would never buy anything older than about 8 weeks, by the time it gets out hunting i want that dog to worship me and hunt with me and for me. Remember all we are doing is making a pack (we're the leader) and for a pack to hunt well they need to know each other well and bond.

That make any sense?

the worst dog i ever owened was a grey/ terrier/ bull/ the c**t use to bark when she was chasing i hated her for that and would never have another about me

the mate had a colliexwhippet didnt bark when it chased it howled like a banshee the most annoying thing ever .

:icon_eek:

Well, I know I'll get shit off the Collie guy's, but the worst dog I've ever had was a Collie/Greyhound !! It could jump like a stag, was biddable, caught a rabbit or two, but never made the grade as a lamper, and was far to slow to get near a hare ! O.K., I might have got a wrong 'un, but it put me off Collie X's for life !!

Cheers.

i wouldnt exspect this cross to do hares any way would you, always gunna have bad croses, so we can compare what is a good cross for the job

thanks on the replys to the post guys think it went ok still most guys think the colliex :thumbs:

Had colliexgrey, and [just about catch a rabbit]and nervy temp :thumbdown: .Got another colliexgrey,and alot better dog great on rabbit,and had a few bigger rabbits+brill temp :thumbs: If you can get a [good] one and the word is [good]one they make good lurchers, will take most quarry. :thumbs: