Cats are lovely .

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cats shouldnt be let out to wander around anyway - if it was a dog wandering around it would be took away and possibly put down

As the saying goes . GOD made the dog so that men had something to dominate and boost their ego . He made the cat to put them back in their place :feck: by reminding men that there are some things that they just can't control.

Edited by comanche

cats shouldnt be let out to wander around anyway - if it was a dog wandering around it would be took away and possibly put down

Jesus Christ some poor lady has lost her pet cat to a badly set trap and all you can do is jump on the "all cats bad" bandwagon .

correct!!!

if it wasnt out to roam at will it wouldnt have met a sticky end in the trap

What a farce, the trap was set for rats doing his neighbour a favour, and some other neighbours moggy is prowling about probably shiteing all over their lawn in the process, I'd of said no case, the cat shouldn't of been there... fook sake lucky were not in the states you can drop a man in your garden with a gun over there never mind trap a moggy that shouldn;t be in your garden... Newspaper articles, I'd be doing an article on people keeping their pets on a leash or not getting any... Media Muppets censored.gif

Surprise, surprise, it was a private prosecution by the RSPCA. Seems like that old fella's guilt got the better of him and he put his hands up. It's a shame that the neighbours lost their cat, but at the end of the day it's tough shit. A cat can just as easily be ran over, not killed straight away and run off to die in bushes. You couldn't then charge the driver with cruelty.

I suspect that if the old fella had got himself a decent solicitor there wouldn't have even been a case to answer.

What are the laws regarding fen traps anyway? I thought they had to be covered and that was it? A cat could quite easily get into a tunnel built for rabbits....

Surprise, surprise, it was a private prosecution by the RSPCA. Seems like that old fella's guilt got the better of him and he put his hands up. It's a shame that the neighbours lost their cat, but at the end of the day it's tough shit. A cat can just as easily be ran over, not killed straight away and run off to die in bushes. You couldn't then charge the driver with cruelty.

I suspect that if the old fella had got himself a decent solicitor there wouldn't have even been a case to answer.

What are the laws regarding fen traps anyway? I thought they had to be covered and that was it? A cat could quite easily get into a tunnel built for rabbits....

sorry but im well and truly on the band wagon the stinkin sleekit vermin should not be out of the house ever do there owners get prosecuted every time they kill protected song birds no!!, but we get prosecuted if our dogs kill a fox in an open field or a cat gets accidently caught in a legally set trap if the cat was so damn valuable what was it doin outside to possibly get run down would the owner be able to prosecute the driver if it had been NO ! it would have been tough luck. keep them in the house at all times they do not need to get out if they are pets they get fed and watered inside and have litter trays.

I was thinking the same things Maltenby. I've said before on here that there is no such thing as a 'legal trap', only traps that can be 'used legally under specific conditions' and I also suspect that there was never really any investigation into how the trap was set, or whether it had been interfered with or anything else.

The Spring Traps Approval Order states for the MKVI Fenn traps that :

The traps shall be used only for the purpose of killing or taking grey squirrels, mink, rabbits, stoats, weasels, rats, mice and other small ground vermin (except for those species listed in Schedule 5 and 6 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981) and set in natural or artificial tunnels which are, in either case, suitable for the purpose.

What constitutes 'suitable' will always be the crux of the issue

I was thinking the same things Maltenby. I've said before on here that there is no such thing as a 'legal trap', only traps that can be 'used legally under specific conditions' and I also suspect that there was never really any investigation into how the trap was set, or whether it had been interfered with or anything else.

The Spring Traps Approval Order states for the MKVI Fenn traps that :

The traps shall be used only for the purpose of killing or taking grey squirrels, mink, rabbits, stoats, weasels, rats, mice and other small ground vermin (except for those species listed in Schedule 5 and 6 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981) and set in natural or artificial tunnels which are, in either case, suitable for the purpose.

What constitutes 'suitable' will always be the crux of the issue

sounds suitable to me 1 less cat :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

Im with the rest on here , cats shouldnt be allowed to roam and shit in my or any body elses garden , if i let my dog scrape up plants and drop one out on a neighbours garden ide be bloody fined for it , and so should cat owners .