HW98 1st bunny.

Hi all.

Well the day stated off realy bleak and miserable here, heavy rain and very strong winds.

But in the mid afternoon, it began to clear up a little.

Have been waiting to explore the rest of my new permission, so took advantage of the break in the weather, and made my way there.

Its only a 10 minute drive from the house.

Realy pleased with what I found when exploring, lot's of nice thick cover, brambles gorse etc, and some good sign's of wabbit too.

Some excellent ambush shooting, and plenty of good thick hedges, and tree's.

Must have been walking around for a good couple of hour's, not realy expecting to shoot anything.

Anyway, long story short, I was approaching a gate that had a thicket of brambles to the left of it, crept up keeping low and peered around the corner, there to my supprise was a wabbit sat out from the hedge.

By this time my feet had sunk into the mud and cow chit, I need'ed to move forward and get into a better position.

Lifting my back foot as gently as I could......it let out a loud Squelch....wabbit GONE!!

Ohh blast I said to myself, and carried on into the position I want'ed.

I waited a good half hour, and then out come wabbit again.

This time I was in position and ready for the shot, I estimated him at about 25yds.

Took the shot and wabbit was down.

So I am well pleased, first wabbit on the permission, and also with the HW98 ( Excellent rifle )

Try to put a pic up now :icon_redface:post-41269-1257105038_thumb.jpg