Black Leopard

Now as I sit here at wags house awaiting my sunday lunch I thought i'd tell you what I saw today. On the A17 at Heckington in Lincolnshire less than an hour ago I parked my truck and watched a black leopard from a distance of less than a hundred yards, now I know people will think I saw something else but my carrer has been working with animals and also licensing animals under the DDA. I watched the leopard for ten minutes walking along a dyke and stalking a crow, I finally got out of my truck and walked along a hedge and got within 50 yards, the cat flattened its ears and laid down in the plough before bolting into the dyke, I then walked to the edge of the dyke and threw some clods of earth into the cover in the dyke, what concerned me most was the leopard actually came towards me in the dyke bottom at a stalk, need less to say I bottled it and returned to the truck.

I know I will get shit for thisa but people who know me know I wouldn't make mistakes and as Im sat here on wags computer he tells me there have been numerous sightings in the area. I tried to get a photo on my camera phone buts its a cheap model and was useless, Im hoping to persuade wag after lunch to have a drive back, I did have four dogs in the car but thought it may contrivine the hunting act and produce one hell of a vet bill.........

:clapper::laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if there are so many about why has no one got a clear picture.....i mean look at the snow leopard in the himalayas ,,,they are like trying to find a needle in a haystack but they do find them ......so why are big cats in britain so hard to find and take a photo,s off...simoman ...if you where watching it for as long as you say you where ...you will have deffo took a photo ..i mean who wouldnt eh....????? :whistling: some big cats are nomadic ....but leopards ..black leopards or panther which ever you prefer can be territorial....they do wander yes but tend to hunt in the same places if theres a plentiful food sorce.....females more the males .....anyway anyone seen a tiger yet..... :clapper::clapper:

No camera snoop, anyway dont get bitter because you lost our wager :clapper:

there all about scotland black leopards pantheres ,see them lamping regulary , had a hands on fite with one got the claw marks on my back to prove it , it was a meduim built female cat

what was her name sarah :whistling:

You need to go out there and BLOW ITS f*****g HEAD OFF and make sure you take a picture so all us ANTIS can have a good GANDER'' :gunsmilie:

you do need pics :thumbdown:

Rough Coat! That reads about right .

Edited by comanche

I hav'nt been convinced by the "masses" of leopards/pumas etc breeding in the wild but smaller foreign felines and a proven Scottish puma have turned up . Most of these are properly documented cases . But its a long running stale debate that keeps going over old ground ... What is needed is some refreshing new evidence .

So here's a new slant

Why the hell should'nt there be a few out there . Think about it .This country is beset with smuggling . If ton upon ton of illegal drugs,guns and thousands of people can find their way here via various means would it be so hard to fullfill an order for an exotic pet or two?

Edited by comanche

There was a thread on this subject a whille back in "Rimfire, Centrefire and Shotguns". A farmer had lost several sheep, badly savaged. All that had been seen of the killer was that it was a large black animal and bloody fast on its feet. It had also been marauding on other farms in the area. When it took an old tup who was flock leader and a canny old beast, the farmer set up a hide and settled down to wait. After a few nights the killer arrived, and left wrapped up in a tarp. It was a lurcher, gone feral, but not feral enough to cope with an 85gr .243 Accutip.

There may be a few big cats out there, illegally bought and released when got too big to handle, but most of the stories about them are just that - stories. Simoman's moggie is more likely a doggie! Don't misunderstand me, I'm sure he saw something but the odds are it was a big dog.

They all look black cos you only see 'em at night. Think about it!

Ric

Hmmmmm........ok I get the black at night bit. but do all "big cats" hunt at night?

I reckon it just adds to the mystery and adds a a certain sinister element to the yarn........also its hard to take a photo of black....handy that methinks.

Still, I could just be a sceptic?

rgds

Swampy

A mr mastopholies ning